• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Prospects this season.

Tez

Administrator
Forum Staff
Game Player 5
Jun 24, 2013
Just curious how fellow forum users view our prospects this season. Obviously a step up and there is no illusions that our opposition will be a sterner test on a more consistent basis perhaps? Watching from afar and with what will likely be a much more patchier attendance record than most (though will do our best to improve on that stat this time around ?), I take the pragmatic view of fourth from bottom (and out of any relegation/relegation play-off furore) will be fine as we find our feet in this league. Have I set the bar too low? Interested in your thoughts folks.?

Historically in the FA cup we’ve done well against teams in this league and higher.

I might be being overly optimistic, but a top half finish would be fantastic.

I did have some concerns as to how much more difficult the new league would be but am most encouraged by the return of Scott and the others, and while I do not know the new signings I have faith that the team has some strength in depth. So top half for me .

By the by, there was a great photo of the squad on twitter but I couldn't print it off. Any idea where I can find a copy that will print ?

Reactions: Ben
Just curious how fellow forum users view our prospects this season. Obviously a step up and there is no illusions that our opposition will be a sterner test on a more consistent basis perhaps? Watching from afar and with what will likely be a much more patchier attendance record than most (though will do our best to improve on that stat this time around ?), I take the pragmatic view of fourth from bottom (and out of any relegation/relegation play-off furore) will be fine as we find our feet in this league. Have I set the bar too low? Interested in your thoughts folks.?
Mid table to start,there are some fine teams in the league which will test us so do the best to show the merit in promotion.

Tez , I think that you have set the bar to low as I believe 4th and 3rd bottom go into playoffs against runners up of leagues below!

My mistake ?☺️ Let’s make that fifth from bottom then ?

mid table would be a good result
I still think our defence might be an issue, but let’s hope we can work on that area
one thing for sure, our lads won’t be lacking in effort and desire
fingers crossed for an enjoyable & successful season

I'll take mid-table.

The big hole we had in central defence last season has been filled.
Scotty is back with Woods & Duckworth as well.
The midfield is amazingly strong with Woolley, Parker, Smith, Weir & Hare fighting for a spot. And then Irlam & Ormrod not far behind.

I'll take mid-table.

The big hole we had in central defence last season has been filled.
Scotty is back with Woods & Duckworth as well.
The midfield is amazingly strong with Woolley, Parker, Smith, Weir & Hare fighting for a spot. And then Irlam & Ormrod not far behind.
The main thing in our favour I think is that we really have strength in depth. But on the flip side how are we going to keep 25+ players happy if only 14 can play in any one game?

A nice problem for Bo and Goody to have.

As far as how we will fare, keep key players injury free and I think that we could be in and around the play-offs???

I think with this being our first time in this division I'd settle for staying up (so 5th bottom) but hopefully I'm wrong and we do much better, I'm slightly concerned about our play style in playing out from the back as mistakes I think will be punished more in this league and there's times where we overplay at times

I think with this being our first time in this division I'd settle for staying up (so 5th bottom) but hopefully I'm wrong and we do much better, I'm slightly concerned about our play style in playing out from the back as mistakes I think will be punished more in this league and there's times where we overplay at times

I actually think our playing style will suit this league better.

I actually think our playing style will suit this league better.
Hopefully it will but I think we'll also be punished more for overplaying at the back so we need to get the ball forward quicker and make sure we play in the opposition half and not our own

I’m feeling quite excited and optimistic. A chance to test ourselves in a higher league against better opponents, so no doubt it will be a sterner test. The return of some key players from our ‘promotion’ winning team from two years ago has made me feel more confident and no doubt our playing style will better suit this league.

Over the years, most sides who have come up from the counties have more than held their own and I think we will also. Mid table/top half and a bit of a cup run would be good.

Back