• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Prescot cables today

Clutching at straws I know , but our forwards are not getting the rub of the green from the officials on those times when our attacking play looks promising. The offside decisions (at least 2 in the 1st half) were ludicrous - too many assistants react to shouts from defenders, instead of judging from when the pass was played.
Agree with this 100%, at this level it will always happen with officials. We are one of the quietist, kindest teams on the pitch…..some other clubs never stop shouting for everything and eventually the officials weaken with the intimidation. The squad is full of young lads that will learn by experience….if we improve as the season progresses I think we’ll be fine. The 2nd 45 v Chasetown on Tues was the best I’ve seen for a long time, we need to keep positive. Massive week v the Dabbers and Castle…..i think we need a win to settle us all down. COYG

It’s frustrating. The problem has been clear as day for a long long time. Why has it not been rectified?

Of course there are goal scorers out there.. until the management change their strategy and play more attractive football what is the attraction?

When assessing the team I am reminded of the old story of two men running away from a lion ( relegation ). One says " Do you think you can run faster than a lion?" .The other replies "No but I think I can run faster than you".

We should not be overly concerned when we lose to a top team but it really matters when the opposition is low ranked.

And a good goal scorer is always highly prized which is why they are so rare.

Clutching at straws I know , but our forwards are not getting the rub of the green from the officials on those times when our attacking play looks promising. The offside decisions (at least 2 in the 1st half) were ludicrous - too many assistants react to shouts from defenders, instead of judging from when the pass was played.
Both were absolute shockers yes. But in the second half we created absolutely bugger all

Of course there are goal scorers out there.. until the management change their strategy and play more attractive football what is the attraction?

It’s been about 5 years of that god awful formation, don’t have my hopes of it changing anytime soon!

It’s been about 5 years of that god awful formation, don’t have my hopes of it changing anytime soon!
And 5+ years of senseless posts that offer no positive solutions except to revert to the old "change the system, sack the management etc". Get real ! WE are where we are with our financial constraints which, maybe, you would understand if you
had attended the various club meetings held over the last few years.

Mine is not a criticism it’s a statement!!
The fact is other sides have goal scorers and find them and play more attractive football.. heaven forbid !! and at least try and go out there to entertain- win,lose or draw.

I have been to most of the various meetings over the past 5 or so years and totally understand budget constraints. I have also watched the side on a regular basis both home and away. But I totally dislike our style of play which has become more and more defensive and less and less entertaining over the past two seasons.
If you had been at Prescot on Saturday you would be tearing your hair out. It was a thoroughly dismal watch.
Crowds will diminish I’m afraid if we carry on playing in this way.
I’m just stating what I see and know it is very difficult without appropriate funding.
Just wish to see more attractive football.

I have been to most of the various meetings over the past 5 or so years and totally understand budget constraints. I have also watched the side on a regular basis both home and away. But I totally dislike our style of play which has become more and more defensive and less and less entertaining over the past two seasons.
If you had been at Prescot on Saturday you would be tearing your hair out. It was a thoroughly dismal watch.
Crowds will diminish I’m afraid if we carry on playing in this way.
I’m just stating what I see and know it is very difficult without appropriate funding.
Just wish to see more attractive football.
I think that all supporters want to see more attractive football and our young team (with 1 or 2 exceptions) have produced several notable performances this season. A bit of patience is called for.

And 5+ years of senseless posts that offer no positive solutions except to revert to the old "change the system, sack the management etc". Get real ! WE are where we are with our financial constraints which, maybe, you would understand if you
had attended the various club meetings held over the last few years.

I do attend the AGMs and such, archie. I do understand that we do have one of the smaller budgets in the league.

But guess what - the negative football style has a knock on effect on attendance and therefore worsens the budget constraints.

On budget constraints: due to geography and the current pyramid, relegation would most likely see us entering the midlands league, now that really would have a devastating effect on the budget.

Look, we could come on here every week and say the officials were bad or we were unlucky if you want. But there’s no value in that.

I’m not saying the managers need to go, I’m just pleading with them to try something different for once

Back