• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Postponed?

HCChris

Dec 20, 2015
Did anyone else not bother going when a ‘Match Postponed’ message appeared on the Twitter feed?
Just about to leave, checked 1874 Chat, saw Twitter - didn’t go!

3 of my mates didn`t come although one made it at half time after finding out the game was on. Whoever put that post on the 74 live twitter feed has cost the club money and they should be banned from the site. Great 3 points though and I`m just glad I`m not on that Twitter /facebook crap although the way things are going this seems to be the main means of communication nowadays for a lot of clubs and the websites are becoming secondary. Maybe it`s just my age but I`m sure Boris will be able to sort it out in the new year. weR74

My tweet should Have come with context @HCChris @green welly

I posted a picture on the 74 Live twitter feed with the number one trend in the UK which was MATCH POSTPONED

I am sorry for confusion caused by this, and I will no longer post regarding postponements and so from the 74 Live account, and all communication about this will come from 1874 Northwich official channels on Facebook and Twitter, also the NWC league have info on postponements.

Also make sure to subscribe to the clubs text alerts where @Vicki England will text regarding pitch inspections, postponements, fixture news etc

Apologies once again all, I realise now it was misleading and I will now let the club official accounts post about this kind of thing!

Last edited:
Folks

I've seen what happened yesterday and can understand the mix up, which was really unfortunate.

As Jack says, if anyone wants to receive a text, to confirm if a game is postponed, then send me a message with your name - 07975679624 and I will add you to the list.

I don't bombard people with news by text, just where we have potential issues to get a game on and confirmation if it is going ahead or not. Information will then appear on the official 1874 Twitter/Facebook sites.

What a belting 3 points yesterday. Bootle will continue to be up there and to do the double over them, just shows the strength and character in our team.

My tweet should Have come with context @HCChris @green welly

I posted a picture on the 74 Live twitter feed with the number one trend in the UK which was MATCH POSTPONED

I am sorry for confusion caused by this, and I will no longer post regarding postponements and so from the 74 Live account, and all communication about this will come from 1874 Northwich official channels on Facebook and Twitter, also the NWC league have info on postponements.

Also make sure to subscribe to the clubs text alerts where @Vicki England will text regarding pitch inspections, postponements, fixture news etc

Apologies once again all, I realise now it was misleading and I will now let the club official accounts post about this kind of thing!

Unfortunate mix up, but we’ll move on from here; just another kink in the learning curve as the club progresses.
Jack this was one of many twitter messages you’ve sent as you’ve tirelessly worked toward getting match information out there to the members near and far. I’m sure i’m one of many who greatly appreciate your efforts. Thanks Jack ;) :scarf:

Back