• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Parma programme and Ken Edwards' book

R

Royalblue

Hello everybody,

I am writing from Parma, Italy. As some of you may remember, back in 1977 my local club met Northwich Victoria in the Anglo-Italian tournament. That's why I took an interest in the Vics' and their history and I would be very grateful if you can advise how I can find the programme of that match and Ken Edward's history book published in 1992.
Many thanks in advance.
Warmest regards.

Matteo

The best I personally could offer is a scanned copy of my copy of the programme for that tournament. Happy to do so if nobody comes up with a spare copy.
Don't think I have the energy to scan the whole of the NV book, though!

Thanks a lot for the above answers. I should have stated that I do own the tournament booklet, but I was led to believe that beside it a 6 or 8-pages programme was also issued. If that is not the case, very good: first problem solved, thank you very much.
Any idea re: the book? Thanks again and have a good day.

Matteo

I was involved in programme sales at the time and can confirm that only the tournament booklet was produced. It caused quite a bit of angst from the regular programme buyers because it was 5 times more expensive than the regular matchday programme at the time!

Matteo

I was involved in programme sales at the time and can confirm that only the tournament booklet was produced. It caused quite a bit of angst from the regular programme buyers because it was 5 times more expensive than the regular matchday programme at the time!
DB is spot-on (as ever). No individual programmes were ever produced for the game against Parma or Teramo

If I remember correctly, if you want to visit Northwich, don't rely on the map in the booklet. Doesn't it have us in the lake district?

ROYALBLUE,there is a Team For All Seasons book on sale on E,BAY now.Type in Northwich

Royal Blue - do you have any spare copies of our games in Italy? I know we did not play Parma in Italy - but I thought I would ask?
Both games were heavy defeats 3-0 & 8-0.

Back