• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Ossett Town Part I

Getting tiresome not having much to moan about....
Kidding! How good was that? From heartache to jubilation within minutes, that's what the FA Cup is all about. We're in the hat and will know who we face before trying to get the job done on Tuesday night.
Slow start again letting them go ahead early on. Vital really we got the next goal and if there was one man who you would want on the end of that cross it would be Mark Jones. Wouldn't have thought he'd not played a game this season until today. Great to have him and his presence on the field back.
Their fan swinging his shirt around his head probably feels a bit daft now....roll on Tuesday night and hopefully another scalp...

Last edited:
Conditions didn't help but this team NEVER seem to give up. Think draw was a fair result nothing really between the teams. We go again Tuesday, bet they are looking forward to it less than us !! Brilliant effort from the lads with a classic cup tie finish. Well done all......the ride is fun....
Agree that a draw was a fair result. However, not many 74 fans would have been in line with Ossett's second goal as I was on leaving the ground, when the linesman failed to spot an obvious off side in the build up. Perhaps it could have been all so different.

Well done again greens, really have brought the fun back.
Wayne and paul are doing a fine job and are certainly bringing the best out of the lads.
Those who thought streety resigning was the end as we know it dont seem to be complaining now :D.

I, for one would not disagree that the team is much better under the present managers than when Ian was in charge.

The manner of his departure is another matter, but we move on.

Not a great first half performance but after the second I can't believe we didn't win! I was absolutely gutted when they scored as they certainly didn't deserve it. But the lay off by Meadowcroft and the finish by Adam deserved to win any game, but for us it was a well earned draw. I don't think anyone really stood out as we all played well.
Good to see Mark Jones get 90 mins. I'm sure he'll be feeling it tonight, good finish and he'll get better and better as the games go on.
See everyone Tuesday again in fine voice!

Those who thought streety resigning was the end as we know it dont seem to be complaining now :D.
That mass exodus didn't particularly materialise and he's made Congleton a weaker side since going there, on what we've seen in the two games against them.
Less about him though and more about Bows and Goody, they deserve so much praise for what they have done with the lads, they really do try and play football in the right way and the encouragement and direction they give is a stark contrast to constant moaning from the previous head honcho.
They don't seem to panic or look like they are under any sort of pressure and continue to impress me week in and week out. Just out of curiosity, what is our longest unbeaten run?

Where do you start?
What a game of football that was two teams totally dedicated and standing toe toe giving it everything! Ossett started well and were lucky to score although he did take it well, then we grew gradually into the game but couldn't quite create any real chances. Ossett always looked dangerous on the counter in the first half but we coped very well.
Into the the second and you could tell the tide had changed the lads gave it everything we throughly deserved the equaliser and built from there! When they scored the second I felt so dejected it was so undeserved on our boys with everything they have but go up the other end and score in 60 seconds was unbelievable. A word on Adam Whitlock I felt he should have buried his first chance but fair play to him he kept his head and finished it when it was absolutely needed!
This team...this club...this set of fans....we have come so far in our short time we should all be so proud of this that we have! I feel there is something very special beginning to take place here, not just the cup run. The cogs of progression are slowly beginning to turn for us!

COY74!!!

I, for one would not disagree that the team is much better under the present managers than when Ian was in charge.

The manner of his departure is another matter, but we move on.

Well well well, after all that moaning as well Mr Fallows?! ;)

So so proud after today - once again, the team and our managers should go home feeling so proud of what they're achieving together already!!

Well done lads, absolutely fantastic

Cracking idea Andy E, going to get this design priced for gloss drum skins but might have to ask the club to subsidise.
Also needs those hooked shirt covers replacing with a custom paint job.

20171002_003934.png

New drum beaters have arrived, unfortunately I'm stuck in work all day at Harman Tech in Mobberley. If anyone wants to pick them up let me know, if not I'll bring them to the next match.

New drum beaters have arrived, unfortunately I'm stuck in work all day at Harman Tech in Mobberley. If anyone wants to pick them up let me know, if not I'll bring them to the next match.
Alan M has very kindly picked up the new drum beaters :scarf::scarf::scarf:

Reactions: Ben
Back