• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

NVFC

green welly

Aug 1, 2013
I`ve just been on the NVFC website to see if there is any updates re MR Wilkes and underneath the chairman`s statement there appeared a full page statement/ advert from Juan Carlos dated 11/3/2022 advertising the sale of counterfeit money. They can do any type of money and their Chinese, Russian and Korean experts will ensure that the money is of the highest quality with all the security features required. I wonder if Witton are aware of this connection and I hope they`re not being paid in cash.

It'll be a Google Adsense advert - based on your browsing history :)

Reactions: Tez
I`ve just spoken to Archie and it seems the same advert is on his computer in the same position under the chairman`s statement re Mr Wilkes so my browsing history must be the same as Archies re counterfeit money.

Just to be clear. It's an advert posted by Google.
The contents of which are nothing to do with NVFC - just as we don't choose the adverts on here.

So just to be clear it`s nothing to do with my browsing history then.
It can be, but if it's a seemingly random ad then probably not.

Here's the full explanation from Google, but basically personalised ads are based on search history, sites visited etc.
Non-personalised are pretty random & pretty unlikely to be clicked.

Personalised ads​

Personalised advertising (formerly known as interest-based advertising) is a powerful tool that improves advertising relevance for users and increases ROI for advertisers. In all our publisher products, we make inferences about a user’s interests based on the sites that they visit or the apps that they use. This allows advertisers to target their campaigns according to these interests, providing an improved experience for users and advertisers alike. Learn more about our advertiser policies for personalised ads.

Google considers ads to be personalised when they're based on previously collected or historical data to determine or influence ad selection, including a user's previous search queries, activity, visits to sites or apps, demographic information or location. Specifically, this would include (for example): demographic targeting, interest category targeting, remarketing, targeting Customer Match lists and targeting audience lists uploaded in Display & Video 360 or Campaign Manager 360.

Non-personalised ads (NPA)​

Non-personalised ads are ads that aren't based on a user’s past behaviour. They're targeted using contextual information, including coarse (such as city-level) geo-targeting based on current location and content on the current site or app or current query terms. Google disallows all personalised targeting, including demographic targeting and user list targeting.

Although non-personalised ads don’t use cookies or mobile ad identifiers for ad targeting, they do still use cookies or mobile ad identifiers for frequency capping, aggregated ad reporting and to combat fraud and abuse. Therefore, you must obtain consent to use cookies or mobile ad identifiers for those purposes where legally required, per the ePrivacy Directive in certain EEA countries.

Just to be clear. It's an advert posted by Google.
The contents of which are nothing to do with NVFC - just as we don't choose the adverts on here.
Isn't it strange that Google should choose to advertise this sort of stuff on the NVFC web site ! Do NVFC receive payments from Google for it ? Why this site out of the thousands available to them. Perhaps someone alerted them to the possibility that the ad might be favourably received by the readership of the site in view of the past history.

It's not strange at all really. There are 40 million sites using Adsense.
The site is run by Pitchero (https://www.pitchero.com) so I'd imagine they'd be keeping the advertising income - if there is any.

Isn't it strange that Google should choose to advertise this sort of stuff on the NVFC web site ! Do NVFC receive payments from Google for it ? Why this site out of the thousands available to them. Perhaps someone alerted them to the possibility that the ad might be favourably received by the readership of the site in view of the past history.
As much as I am a fan of conspiracy theories re NVFC, in this case this is purely coincidental.

“move along, nothing to see here…..”

As much as I am a fan of conspiracy theories re NVFC, in this case this is purely coincidental.

“move along, nothing to see here…..
I`ve just been on the NVFC website to see if there is any updates re MR Wilkes and underneath the chairman`s statement there appeared a full page statement/ advert from Juan Carlos dated 11/3/2022 advertising the sale of counterfeit money. They can do any type of money and their Chinese, Russian and Korean experts will ensure that the money is of the highest quality with all the security features required. I wonder if Witton are aware of this connection and I hope they`re not being paid in cash.
Update re Mr Wilkes from the Sun.

No mention of this on the NVFC website.

Or when the ban will start.

So effectively NVFC are happy to have a manager who has been found guilty of homophobic abuse.

Interesting……

Reactions: Ben
7 game ban is very soft.

The club refusing his resignation is absolutely poor.

He gets less of a ban than their player and only seven matches and the club refuse his resignation.

Very poor all round.

7 game ban is very soft.

The club refusing his resignation is absolutely poor.
But entirely predictable….

….after all, fo you bite the hand that feeds you?

I wonder what the LGBT football community will think of this slap on the wrist?

I suspect that the only regret is the publicity it brings to the club. The irony is that there have been more postings and interest on this website about Witton's predicament and Jims Team than there is on their own websites.

I suspect that the only regret is the publicity it brings to the club. The irony is that there have been more postings and interest on this website about Witton's predicament and Jims Team than there is on their own websites.
Don’t forget Tony, as Phineas T Barnum said, 'There's no such thing as bad publicity'.

But in this instance….??️‍?

Is this the bloke who made a complaint about the Winsford fans being rude to him?

I couldn't imagine either of our management team acting in such a manner irrespective of the provocation, but then they are professional managers and have class.

Is this the bloke who made a complaint about the Winsford fans being rude to him?
In fairness, the (Cheshire) FA seem to have operated double standards in this respect and perhaps followed up on the Barton Stadium debacle too?

I couldn't imagine either of our management team acting in such a manner irrespective of the provocation, but then they are professional managers and have class.
Absolutely, couldn’t agree more. I go further to say that GoBo would insist on their resignations being accepted in the same situation.
Hypothetical of course, as neither would find themselves in the same unfortunate position.

Back