• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Northwich Flixton Villa

Is this last weeks comments on Facebook Matt?

Today? Whose Twitter Page?

I heard they will be changing their name to Woodley Northwich Flixton Manchester Airport Villa FC

Abbreviated WNFMAVFC
Nicknamed Woorthtonchesterport
Sponsored by Google Maps
Directions M90 1QX runway 05L/23R East of Terminal 3

Last edited:
Just read this on the NWFC web site
"Looking to leap frog Atherton LR is Northwich Flixton Villa who take on Wigan Robin Park in their last ever game at Valley Road.

After their superb 4-0 win at home to LR on Wednesday night, NFV will be looking for one last win and try to capitalise on any potential LR slip to leapfrog them in the table."

Is it this week Valley Road is being demolished thats what i heard but would not of thought so because V*cs are in the playoffs?

Vics playoff match should we finish 3rd maybe played somewhere else other than flixton, watch this space. Wink wink.

Thanks Colin. The gift that keeps giving! ..... No, really. ........ Kerching :D

flixtons ground will not be able to be demolished until its gone through sport england similar to the vs.

There were rumours the other week that Trafford FC are moving into Valley Road.
Trafford chairman used to be the treasure at Flixton so there might be something in it.

Interesting thread on the NWCL fans page on FB:

Northwich Flixton Villa to Manchester Northwich Villa

• Terry RobertsOn the assumption this is serious, why the name change? Any word yet on where they'll be based next season?
  • Terry RobertsAs a more independent observer than me Rob, why do you think they've held on to the "Northwich" name? They insist (and I'll take them at their word) they have no connection to their fellow tenants, so why not just be Manchester Villa?
  • Rob McKayI honestly don't know, whilst they've been playing in Flixton it's fair to say that anyone who went to watch them was from the Flixton area.
  • Líam Pennington"Manchester Northwich Villa" sounds like a railway station
    Terry RobertsSurely they'd be better off forging their own identity in the Manchester area. They've got some decent results at times and developed a reasonable squad of players haven't they?
  • Robin SquelchWhy don't they drop the Northwich name
  • Martin FallonI agree Robin. How far away from Northwich does a club need to go to stop becoming Northwich? Leeds Northwich Villa? Northwich Newcastle United?
  • Abid HussainChanges it because, of the new ground n deall
    • Terry RobertsWithout getting into the politics of it all, yet again, they are essentially a Stockport based club originally and no association as such with the town of Northwich
      Terry RobertsI get that bit Abid, but why hang on to the Northwich tag?
    • Gary LangleyNorthwichian exiles may work if they want to roam but I suppose ultimately it's a statement of intent to move there
    • Martin StewartI remember my old college in Crewe and Alsager becoming MANCHESTER Metropolitan University
    • Abid HussainAs its classed as northwich reserve team
    • Martin FallonAbid, reserve teams arent allowed above Step 7!
    • Terry RobertsBoth clubs are on record (I think) stating there is no connection between them.
    • Chris Borley"As its classed as northwich reserve team" Really!!???
    • Terry RobertsWell ..... if that's what they say .... who are we to contradict? Any reason why we can't take their word at face value?

Seems Northwich Manchester Flixton Villa will be playing in the Manchester Regional Athletics Arena this coming season. That's what was the warm up track for the Commonwealth Games in 2002 right next to the Etihad, but NOT the new MCFC Academy Stadium. There are 6000 seats, just enough.

Back