• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Non League show tonight, Mark Harris and structure.

There's varying monies spent by clubs as said by Edge above.

Without doubt though, last years top teams all have considerable budgets:

Ourselves, Runcorn and Atherton have sizeable followings to fund a squad, and Bootle have the money of their tenants City of Liverpool.

Andy - I think that some caution needs to be made when making off the cuff remarks about teams having 'considerable' budgets.

What do you term as being 'considerable'?

As a member, you should have access to our very detailed accounts - which I can tell you provide a significantly greater level of detail than many clubs several leagues higher than we operate at.

As a fans run club, that is only right and proper. Our aim is to be as open and transparent as we can.

But the detailed accounts we provide ought to enable you to gain a good idea as to the renumeration (and it is that - not wages) that we give to our players and management team.

I can assure you that they do it for the love of the game, not the money.

As does everyone at our level.

And you may be interested to know that they guy who did most for our club for sod all re-numeration - and I mean that - was a certain Ian Street.

Andy - I think that some caution needs to be made when making off the cuff remarks about teams having 'considerable' budgets.

What do you term as being 'considerable'?

As a member, you should have access to our very detailed accounts - which I can tell you provide a significantly greater level of detail than many clubs several leagues higher than we operate at.

As a fans run club, that is only right and proper. Our aim is to be as open and transparent as we can.

But the detailed accounts we provide ought to enable you to gain a good idea as to the renumeration (and it is that - not wages) that we give to our players and management team.

I can assure you that they do it for the love of the game, not the money.

As does everyone at our level.

And you may be interested to know that they guy who did most for our club for sod all re-numeration - and I mean that - was a certain Ian Street.

Who mentioned wages?

There was no "off the cuff" remarks made .

Coincidentally, I was speaking to a player from the Thurlow Nunn (Eastern Counties) league last night. He's just moved clubs but at his previous club (same league), he was getting a wage of £750 per month plus win bonuses. He said he regularly got £1000 to £1200 per month and was one of the 'middle' wage earners.

:eek:

They had an owner who was throwing a bit of money at it...

Peterborough Sports winners of the UCL and likely favourites to move over to NPL Division 1 South in any Summer reshuffle, had a number of Southern Premier League standard players on contract. This on an average gate of 67 (that average boosted by a gate of 165 for their Boxing Day fixture with Yaxley too).

That's probably not far off the mark, they were rumoured to be paying Richie Allen £170 per game/week on gates of 30-40 when they won Division 1.

I'm assuming Peter Winn - currently playing for Cleethorpes in the Vase final - isn't doing so just for expenses.

Back