• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

New ground

Les Esling

Legend
Aug 3, 2013
Any news of the site of the new ground yet? We were told at the agm that the final decision would be made in December.

Any news of the site of the new ground yet? We were told at the agm that the final decision would be made in December.

I believe the final decision was going to be made at the start of the new year, January/February time so I would expect you will hear some news within the next 4 or so weeks from now.

Where did you hear that? At the agm the Cheshire FA project manager definitely said they would make the final decision in December.

As above, announcement expected in the coming weeks. The plan was for construction to commence in April 2019, so a site needs to be confirmed soon if planning permission is to be granted by then. The 18-month build time will almost certainly be extended due to the project's growth, with additional facilities to be included. That explains why the original site on the A556 opposite the Crem was dismissed, as it was simply too small.

I'm fortunate to have access to a very good construction database, which we use for leads and live project information (new builds and refurbs). The next research call isn't due until the end of Feb, by which time I expect the chosen site will be public knowledge. See attached doc for further details.

Attachments

• 12359005 - 020119.pdf
    417.3 KB · Views: 72
Back