• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

1874 News New First Team Manager – Welcome Chris Herbert

Concerned it’s another Damien as hasn’t managed at this level in 5+ years, hope I’m wrong and he has my support.

If it’s wrong then the board must be accountable!
I don't understand the instant negativity? It seems to have gone down well across the league.

He hasn't been managing because held positions at professional clubs and at Premier League Nottingham Forrest.

The contacts he has will be very interesting.

Well this is all good news ! A new ,carefully selected manager present for his first game , just when I am the match sponsor for the last home game. I think the combination of the good vibes from two Chrisses working in tandem , one bringing expertise and acumen and one bringing his son to help chose the MOM, should totally transform the atmosphere around the ground. Can't wait for 3pm Saturday.
Has to be better than last time when I couldn't get in !

Concerned it’s another Damien as hasn’t managed at this level in 5+ years, hope I’m wrong and he has my support.

If it’s wrong then the board must be accountable!

Hi Gazza

As always, it will take time to know whether anyone is the right appointment. This includes Managers, players and Board members for that matter!

If you want to private message me, either through the Forum, [email protected] or 07975679624 then I hope I can help to answer any questions or concerns.

I would be delighted to meet up before or after the game on Saturday and talk it through. Always up for a chat about 74!

Thanks
Vicki

Think we all need to try and be positive and get behind the new manager.

We have had a difficult season and this appointment gives us a real boost ahead of a new chapter in the Midland League.

Chris’s record looks impressive and let’s now give him the summer and a good few games into next season before making any judgments. He now deserves our full support.

Agreed Ben.
Exciting times ahead, and we still have the new Assistant Manager to be announced in the coming couple of weeks too🥳

I'm honestly more positive about next year than at any time since the vase run. We're heading down, but we're in a very good position to give next season a real go on and off the pitch.
From the sounds of what's been put out by the club, his backroom team will be bringing experience and will hopefully between them attract some real quality players.

Does he know any moose though?

A massive welcome to Chris

I’m hopeful that your experience working with professional clubs can lead the club into signing quality players for step 5 & give the Midlands League a really good go next season.

Exciting times are ahead for 74, it’s time for us fans to embrace the changes & give our full backing to the new management team ready for next season.

I don't know where your new boss is based but I think it's crucial. Has he got the connections to be successful in that league.
To play in the Midlands league based in Northwich as a certain other team has found isn't easy.
To find players who are willing to go the distances you need to travel especially midweek after being in work all day is going to be difficult.
Then again what do I know.

I met Chris last week to get the ball rolling on all the media stuff behind the announcement and I can say I am hugely impressed from first impressions.

Comes across very likeable and easy to get on with, a very ambitious guy who has huge aspirations for 1874. He and his assistant (who will be announced soon) are already working to get the squad together for next season.

I can’t wait for the season to come and to continue working with Chris, very exciting times ahead. A new start.

I urge all fans of ‘74 to get fully behind the club and its new manager. 💚

I don't know where your new boss is based but I think it's crucial. Has he got the connections to be successful in that league.
To play in the Midlands league based in Northwich as a certain other team has found isn't easy.
To find players who are willing to go the distances you need to travel especially midweek after being in work all day is going to be difficult.
Then again what do I know.
You are correct. The same issue will face you guys if you get promoted.

Can it possibly be that the combination of Chris Herbert's arrival and my sponsorship has caused Clitheroe to dispense with their manager?
Or did I read it wrong ?

Back