• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

1874 News New First Team Manager – Welcome Chris Herbert

I don’t know much about the guy, but he has a very good CV.
It’s great that we can all get behind Chris and things look very positive for next season.
Come on you greens !

It’s great that we can all get behind Chris and things look very positive for next season.
Come on you greens !
Also suggests good connections too👌

Come on you greens !
He was in charge of Runcorn Town when they were in the nwc prem with us. He finished 3rd, 3rd and 7th with them (left for Salford in Feb on the last season).

I'm pretty happy with this. His Runcorn team scored lots of goals (100+ twice!) so after watching the last 18 months I'm hoping we get some of the same.

PS. what's Craig Cairns up to nowadays? 😆

Looks a good appointment 👍

I am interested to see who the assistant will be.

Good appointment - someone who has proven they can put together and sustain a strong squad at a similar level. I think the timing is right too - allows Chris the chance to have a look at the squad with no pressure before the end of the season.

Seems like a good appointment. Pity he didn’t join us in December although maybe he wasn’t ready then….Best wishes Chris

Looks a great appointment. Welcome to the 74 family Chris.

We better sort him a 1:1 meeting with Fred so he is up to speed 😉

Concerned it’s another Damien as hasn’t managed at this level in 5+ years, hope I’m wrong and he has my support.

If it’s wrong then the board must be accountable!

Concerned it’s another Damien as hasn’t managed at this level in 5+ years, hope I’m wrong and he has my support.

I think the difference in this one, is it’s not Chris’s first venture into management.

All in all I’m fairly positive about the appointment. He’s got the last few games to assess the current squad, the whole summer to prepare adequately and make the team his own, which DC was never really afforded.

From his CV, it would appear he should be well connected. Interesting to see who of the current squad will remain next year.

If we can expect goals and attacking an attacking ethos, then I don’t think I’ll be the only one who anticipates finally enjoying watching proper football again.

I think the difference in this one, is it’s not Chris’s first venture into management.

All in all I’m fairly positive about the appointment. He’s got the last few games to assess the current squad, the whole summer to prepare adequately and make the team his own, which DC was never really afforded.

From his CV, it would appear he should be well connected. Interesting to see who of the current squad will remain next year.

If we can expect goals and attacking an attacking ethos, then I don’t think I’ll be the only one who anticipates finally enjoying watching proper football again.
🤞🏼

There are no certainties in football. The board can only look at the presentations by the candidates and review the history and CV's of them all. We don't know who applied so we have to trust the decision made.

Good luck to Chris and his assistant and let's get behind the pair of them and the team.

There are no certainties in football. The board can only look at the presentations by the candidates and review the history and CV's of them all. We don't know who applied so we have to trust the decision made.

Good luck to Chris and his assistant and let's get behind the pair of them and the team.
👍🏻

Last edited:
Gazza as a fan you are entitled to have doubts, nothing wrong with that, but just out of interest who would you have seen as a better fit and who is currently available? Not casting criticism, just intrigued.

Back