• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

New Club Mascot

Tony1874

Too much time on my hands
Aug 1, 2013
Tricky the Cat was very popular in the local and wider community with kids and grow ups. :woot

So what are your thoughts on a new club mascot and possible themes?

Was thinking a Billy Meredith lookalike.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tez
Great idea Tony, but I would prefer something with no link to Vics. Good opportunity for us to come up with our own identity. Not sure what !!?? How about something which links into Salt ? Salty the Seal ??!!

How about keeping it simple; mascot dressed in green & black (suit & bowler hat perhaps?). Similar to the Toffee Girl at Everton, but the mascot could throw out Green & Blacks chocolate miniatures ;):D ..... Great opportunity to tie in a national confectionary brand to the club and lift the profile of both into the bargain:finger :scarf:

Why don't we just have Mike Brandon? Living Legend!

Like the idea of a Phoenix Tim!

Great idea Tony, but I would prefer something with no link to Vics. Good opportunity for us to come up with our own identity. Not sure what !!?? How about something which links into Salt ? Salty the Seal ??!!

Great idea Tony but I also agree with you George - I wouldn't want it to have any link to JRFC.

Thinking outside the box a little, how about Winston Churchill, complete with Hat, Double-chins, Cigar and the famous 'V for Victory' gesture?

My reason for suggesting this?

He was born in 1874!

Like the idea but dont think Winston would appeal to the youngsters. How about a British Bulldog?

Can we have a guarantee that this time you won't be attacking the staff at a local school whilst dressed as the mascot @Tony1874 ?
The kids might have loved it but the staff member in question is still very traumatised!

Like the idea but dont think Winston would appeal to the youngsters. How about a British Bulldog?

Might it not be a good idea to use 'Winston' to educate the younger generation as to the role he played in the pivotal time our country had faced since 1066?

Having said that, he had a few other traits / events in his life that were, shall we say, less auspicious and glorious, but he did come to the fore when his country needed him the most!

I think a mascot would be a great idea in attracting families to come and watch us, a phoenix is the obvious choice as it goes with our club crest

I think a mascot would be a great idea in attracting families to come and watch us, a phoenix is the obvious choice as it goes with our club crest

Except that currently there are no ashes for the Phoenix to rise from?

Like the Salty the Seal suggestion :D

http://www.northwichguardian.co.uk/vics/3737116.Tricky_takes_to_the_racecourse/
Supported on the day by Tez and Nicki who no longer have the photos. :eek:

Character mascots are a FANtastic way to promote the club in all areas of local and wider community/public relations and I know the perfect fan to wear it, hey Mark?

The Vics mascot cost in the region on £1300 and was funded completely by sponsorship from local businesses, the old NVST and The Northwich Guardian.

Last edited:
How much would we need for a mascot suit?

Back