• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Nantwich 2 - 0 '74

richard webb

I Live Here
Aug 7, 2013
I thought that today was a good display by a very depleted side. Matt Wooley was excellent as was Jack. I was concerned by the keeper for the first 2 minutes but he then settled down and had a reasonable game with some good saves and clearances. Jamal had a good game although maybe should have scored when through in the first half. The best part for me though was the introduction of Joel Jones less than 10 minutes from the final whistle during which he twice got shots in.
'
Too many of our players seem to be afraid to take shots at goal, and this is something we desperately need. Our goal difference is so bad we need to win and we will not do that without shooting. Joel is willing as is Jamie, and so maybe we should try those 2 up front?

I hope the injuries suffered today by Sam Oliver and Tom Fagan weren't too bad. We cannot afford many more injuries (and I understand the reason Jonah was not playing was because of one of the elbows he suffered against WA).

We really need to defend dead balls better. Both goals came from then today.
And we lost possession far too easily

But on the plus side Andreas looks decent, Jacob made some good saves & Joel Jones might get a start after that cameo

Here's Damien, with an interesting comment re Sam

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

We put in a good shift today but we really need someone who can score from all the opportunities we create. Thought out young keeper had an excellent game.

Tried hard enough and plenty of effort. Our young goalkeeper was our best player so that pretty much sums up the game for me. We were fortunate to be only a goal down at half time but there were modest improvements in the second half.
Previous comments speak of positives but I didn’t see too many. Nowhere near enough threat in attack and always seem to let in goals. There is a reason our goal average is so poor.
I know we had a patched up team today but it’s dispiriting watching defeat again. How many games since we last won.

We've only scored 2 or more goals in 4 games this season (from 24). We're desperate for goals and that won't happen with Max as a lone striker as he's far too easily marked out of the game when playing alone. We need 2 up front ASAP.

We have 17 games left. Which are now 17 cup finals.

We have only scored 16 goals this season. Its a really poor amount.

Its time we did something drastic, we need to start approaching games with 2 or even 3 strikers in the starting 11. When we went 2 upfront today with Joel Jones (who I thought looked very good) and Max, we finally began to threaten and this is how we should start the Prescott game on Saturday.

On todays game; we were really poor first half, we had no answer to Nantwich’s style (if you can call it that) and their front line of giants. We only created one thing Jamal Crawfords chance clear through which he couldn’t take.

Second half was better, but still only when Joel came on did we have a run with purpose in behind and a shot on goal. Lucas had one from the edge but he was about 30 yards out, it wasn’t clear.

We have to stick together and hope for better times ahead.

Personally I’d like to see Jamal up top after todays performance over Max - put him in behind or one on one with any defender and he’s got the ability and speed to beat them and create chances from nothing which we greatly lack.

Aside from that we simply aren’t winning enough first balls in the middle of the park and don’t seem to want to press together. We need to win the ball back higher up the pitch if we are to create chances.

No rules have been broken so we won't be banning our pet troll.
You can ignore ignore them though

Nantwich 2 - 0 '74 _ 1874 Northwich F.C 2024-01-02 at 11.14.24 AM. Independent Forum - Google ...png

James. I am not unaware of some of the background here. My comment was intended to show this person that not all fans (if any) support his views and that the hard working Board and others deserve better than his ill judged comments.
His profile was set up the day after B & G left. Every single one of his posts have been anti board / anti club. Best not to engage :)

We've only scored 2 or more goals in 4 games this season (from 24). We're desperate for goals and that won't happen with Max as a lone striker as he's far too easily marked out of the game when playing alone. We need 2 up front ASAP.
I've always thought that Matty Birchall at 9 with Max behind him at 10 would work

Back