• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Must win......and we did!

Can we win the league this season?

• Yes

Votes: 9 45.0%
  • No

Votes: 11 55.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

josh89

Too much time on my hands
Jul 27, 2013
Great 3 points today and YET ANOTHER GOAL for Micheal Van Brandon (we should have a recording of fans chanting "Micheal Van Brandon" and play it over the tannoy when he scores). I do think that we need another striker like Mike to take the pressure ofF him a bit though.

It's definitely possible, and today's result was not only 3 crucial points, but also a huge confidence boost. All we can do is turn up to them games and support them!

Last edited:
I don't see why we can't win the league. The lads have shown they can beat the best teams in this league home and away and the squad and performances keep getting better. The win today is massive as it's arguably knocked a rival out of the title race. Northwich Villa on Tuesday is an ideal opportunity for a big win!

Don't think we'll win it, but I reckon we can take 2nd.

True, Andy. Winning the league will be tough though. Nelson are scoring goals and winning games of football for fun it would appear. Only the small tally of 106 goals to their name!

Yes, we can win the league, but to he margin for error is incredibly slim. If the question had been "can we win promotion?" I'd have given a more emphatic "yes!!". Promotion is in our own hands, the Title needs a helping hand from Nelson's opponents. #destinyiselevengamesaway :scarf:

Massive win today. I thought we showed today that Atherton Colls are no more than a workmanlike team and are flattered by their position. I have seen them three times now this season and they have never impressed me.

Having said that they did hit the post in "Fergie time" which was way beyond the end of the game. Again the ref was questionable today, a few strange decisions.

Felt it was a good disciplined performance that deserved the win. By far the better team won, although chances were few and far between. That said our goal was superb. The build up and finish was excellent and deserved to win the game. I was critical of Lee Jones last week on this forum but today I thought he played really well in midfield and then rallied to the cause at full back when Ryan was injured.

Overall a great victory with a steady performance. We now need to keep the momentum going for the rest of the season and we will be fine!!

Lets have a good cup win against a team that is dear to my heart, Abbey Hey. Reasons will be explained next week!!

I also think that great credit should go to the fans who responded to Ian's pleas for more vocal support with enthusiasm. I was sitting in the other stand and could see the team visibly respond when the fans started to chant and sing.

Same again on Tuesday night please!

superb support today, Ref had a shocker.
Good display but a bit more width and it would have been pretty straightforward, They were big and strong through the middle.

Think it's been said that Ward was lucky to not get himself sent off in the first half with a very silly kick. Their player's reaction was laughable, first holding his knee but then getting 'treatment' on his foot.

A tough, gritty game which the most deserving team won. I didn't see anything from Atherton today that justifies their position in the league.

2nd place is there for our taking and I think that Nelson will drop some points before the season ends, and, as it stands if we win our games in hand we are only 1 point adrift of them.

Great to finally have some chanting at a game, lets hope it continues into the home game against NFV.

The realist in me says 2nd is achievable. Apart from anything else, Nelson have a pretty easy run-in, with most of their games against teams in the bottom half of the table, and they show no sign of easing off with their goalscoring.
If we achieve the achievable, what an achievement!

Praise to "Razza" Stewart who I thought put in his best shift all season. Tend to agree with Alan that Colls weren't all that special but did make it hard for us. Need to win on Tuesday or today's hard work will be wasted.

Who won the meat raffle;)

I think we played well,which made Colls look ordinary,so lets not play down how we played.Don't forget they drew with Formby last week and missed a pen in the last minute.

Praise to "Razza" Stewart who I thought put in his best shift all season. Tend to agree with Alan that Colls weren't all that special but did make it hard for us. Need to win on Tuesday or today's hard work will be wasted.

Who won the meat raffle;)
ticket number 11 so we have been told must have been sold at last weeks game !!!!!

I think the prize was a chicken leg,and you had to catch the chicken.

Point one...i think, as been mentioned, The "yes" percentage if the question was 'can we win promotion'.
would have a better.
Point two...please stop linking Mike Brandon's name with players of the scum that is Man Utd (that is a personal point of view and is in no way linked with 1874 as a company!!...legal stuff lol!!)
Point three...whatever the outcome at the end of the season, its been a fantastic first year on and off the pitch!. This season has exceeded my expectations and has been so enjoyable after all the stress and disappointment of previous seasons watching the Vics!

Back