• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Muhammad Ali

Agree mate clearly the greatest inside and outside the ring what a shame. Loved what he stood for and that he had a soft spot for the UK too he loved it here. I think Tyson in his prime would have been a match for him (the best heavyweight in my lifetime) but I guess that's like comparing Georgie Best to Messie, different eras and we will never know. A massive loss to humanity what a legend. RIP

Tyson did an interview at one stage saying that if both he and Ali fought each other in their prime then Ali would win

Tyson did an interview at one stage saying that if both he and Ali fought each other in their prime then Ali would win

You could argue that we never saw Ali at his peak given he was in jail for 3 years because of his refusal to sign up to the Vietnam war.

I think Tyson's quote highlights the amount of respect others had for Ali, even with his arch rivals saying so themselves, quite openly in fact as well. Very few sports people have that respect which tells you all you need to know about Ali.

I've seen Tysons tweets and he thought Ali was the best and he loved him like millions of others. I'm just saying that Tyson v Ali both at their peak would have been a great fight, possibly the biggest of all time.

Just need the time machine to get invented to make that possible.

Back