• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Mossley 7 (Seven) - 3

A message from Wayne that I’ve been asked to pass on.

Steve

Can you pass our thanks on to everyone connected that spends any time working on the pitch, I am guessing some will be there today working on it?

Not just for yesterday, but from the summer to keep getting it better. That game yesterday would have been off 18 months ago.

Wayne

Wayne Goodison

Hello, Brian,

Thanks for the mail, I was aware of Mike's age as I sat with him in the stand, I did offer him the bottle but he declined and said that he was not a long standing supporter so that did not entitle him to it.

Mike and I go back a long way, I'm sure that you know his history as the Editor of the Guardian ?, he took over the job when the former was recalled for Korea, was KIA on the 25 April 1951during the Imjin River battle, body never recovered.

Thanks again

Frank

Can’t add much to what has already been said but what a crazy game of football!

Credit to the lads for fighting back from 3-0 down and winning the game in the way they did in atrocious conditions.

Thought we played some great attacking football and even better to do it at home. We definitely got the reaction we needed after the Widnes game. As another poster has said, I thought we couldn’t top the Trafford game the other week but that did!

Well done to the lads and management. To be in the top 10 nearing the halfway point in our first ever season at this level is a great effort. Up the 74!

Just watched the match footage. Remarkable (comeback, victory, and conditions). My only question is, did anyone actually brave the elements mid 2nd half to take advantage of the free burgers? ;)

Just watched the match footage. Remarkable (comeback, victory, and conditions). My only question is, did anyone actually brave the elements mid 2nd half to take advantage of the free burgers? ;)
Alan, I wondered about that, and i was standing pretty close! I do wish that the mike had a long enough range for me to stand under cover! Drowned rat comes to mind.

I think I saw some movement from the Mossley fans behind the goal when the announcement was made.

Credit to the lads for fighting back from 3-0 down and winning the game in the way they did in atrocious conditions.

Thought we played some great attacking football and even better to do it at home. We definitely got the reaction we needed after the Widnes game. As another poster has said, I thought we couldn’t top the Trafford game the other week but that did!

Well done to the lads and management. To be in the top 10 nearing the halfway point in our first ever season at this level is a great effort. Up the 74!

Agree with all the comments. It was good to see a ref who applied common sense in the conditions. For once, congratulations to him for his contribution to a memorable afternoon. (as opposed to the clown, who abandoned the game at Padiham a couple of years ago in similar conditions with about 2 minutes of that game remaining). It was also good to see Toddy at the game - long may he be able to come and watch games in, perhaps, more clement conditions.

Back