• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Meet the Manager Evening - Wednesday 26th February 8.00pm

Brian

Legend
1874 Official
Aug 3, 2013
Ian Street will be accompanied with Lee Duckworth and Paul Bowyer at Lostock Social Club on Wednesday 26th February to provide an update to supporters and then there will be a Q & A session.

The February 200+ club draw will also be made on the evening

Please let other 1874 Northwich FC supporters know

The evening will start at 8pm as the required room will not be available until then but drinks can be purchased from the main bar beforehand

Looking forward to the Meet The Manager next week(26-2-14) at Lostock Club,should be very entertaining.

I hope to be there with the beer festival tickets as well, so happy to sell to those who have reserved tickets with me for the event....

Another good evening with an interesting question and answer session with Ian and his tea mates followed by 200+ draw and more members renewing their ownership of their club.

Thanks to Ian and his lads and the organizers for another good night.

Will there be feedback on the meeting in the newsletter this week?

Or this week?

MEET THE MANAGER EVENING – Wednesday 26th February

More than 60 people attended the latest 1874 social evening at Lostock Social Club and their numerous questions were expertly answered by Ian Street and his able lieutenants (Paul Bowyer, Matt Conkie and Lee Duckworth)

Ian told the audience that he was extremely pleased with the progress made so far in this our inaugural season and he hoped for a good end to it in a couple of months time.

Some of the questions from the floor were quite searching and they certainly demonstrated the continued enthusiasm of 1874’s fans.

I don't think that is what Tez (or I) meant by "feedback"! ;) Hence my posting after the NL arrived.

I don't think that is what Tez (or I) meant by "feedback"! ;) Hence my posting after the NL arrived.

I realise it's difficult and let's face it, I wouldn't expect anyone to spend their evening furiously penning copious notes on mine or Alan's behalf, but if there is any chance anyone could summarise some of the "searching questions" and indeed their respective replies, it would be much appreciated.

More than sixty attended, but seemingly no one who uses the forum wants to share what went on with those of us who live too far away or had prior commitments that evening :( Oh well ......

Tez,I can't remember all the Question's.The two I asked were .Which surface did the team prefer to play on.The answer was split between the two surface's.The other Question I asked was who was the best player they had played against.The answer was the big lad from Handley.There were other general Question's,the one I can remember was how the players appreciated the support of the fans,the reply was it spured them on.

Tez, I asked Ian whether he felt the potential of 1874 had been realised as he had hoped for at the start of the season, also what he had learnt about div 1.
He said that he had been happy with progress and thought that the potential was definatly their to move forward. He said plenty of players had expressed interest in playing for 1874. Both he and Matt said they had been impressed with the quality in the league and that the standard of football was higher than they had expected. They all appeared quite confident of the future.

Tez.Ian, said two of the players had been approached by other clubs,but would not leave because of the following the club gets,I leave you to guess who the two players are.

@Chubbs are there any plans to video future meetings? Might be handy for those of us who can't always make it to Lostock.

Can do, I'll admit I wasn't going to go originally anyway to the meeting as to be honest I do find them a little boring, but I will do any future ones for the club. (I was scuppered with manflu last week anyway!)

@Chubbs are there any plans to video future meetings? Might be handy for those of us who can't always make it to Lostock.

We'll raise it and see what comes out of it. It's certainly something to consider, but there may be other reasons why this may not be possible.

Back