• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

mcsc predictions

We were originally but due to lack of games lately it makes sense for the first team to get some game time even if it is against weak opposition ;)

Reactions: Ben
So did I we have much more important games than this indeed all of them are, but as we have had games postponed we perhaps need a training game before Saturday makes sense.

Only one division between us, we're at the top of ours, you're at the bottom of yours, you'll be expected to beat us but it won't be an easy match.
You've heard of giant killing well if we beat Witton it'll just be a midget slaying ;)

Score 2-3 to 1874 Attendance 415 (To beat your seasons best so far by 1) with 250 1874 fans

Reactions: Ben
So the early boasts from some of your fans that 1874 would bring 500 fans seem very hopeful now and it appears from your own predictions that it will be 250-300 tops for what is basically a home game!
You say you have more support than Witton & Vics put together?!
Maybe the betrayal back to Vics has already started :kiss

We have had a larger crowd at some of our games this season than Witton & Vics put together, yes.

And there will be no 'betrayal' back to Vics. The 300-350 core fan base we have is here to stay IMO. These are the fans who have bought into what 1874 is all about and it was an awful lot more than where we played that prompted our supporters to form this club! Vics moving back to Northwich changes nothing for them.

Vics gates will go up a little but mainly from those who have been waiting in the wings for a few seasons not watching football, certainly not those who are regularly going to watch 1874 regularly. They'll be lucky to have 150 next season! When you think about it, 300-350 odd are watching 1874 and there were only barely over 400 watching in the old Vics days. Where these mystery supporters are coming from to watch Vics beats me!

But I am wary that this is meant to be a prediction thread.

Last edited:
You know (Matt Cat) as well as anyone that the county cups are far less well attended than league games, this might just be your highest gate of the season so far.

I'm going to be a little less optimistic about our chances and go for a narrow defeat if you field a competitive squad and not your youth/reserve team. If you do the latter then an 1874 win.

So the early boasts from some of your fans that 1874 would bring 500 fans seem very hopeful now and it appears from your own predictions that it will be 250-300 tops for what is basically a home game!
You say you have more support than Witton & Vics put together?!
Maybe the betrayal back to Vics has already started :kiss

I'm sure those figures mentioned included both sets of fans, not just 1874. If you'd have done your home work you'd know that our gates exceed 300 on a regular basis, try looking on here to give a more accurate account instead of our quoting our 'predictions'

http://www.nonleaguematters.co.uk/global/attendances/

By the way if we lose fans, don't be surprised if you do too, I know a few that crossed to the dark side when JRFC lost the VS ;)

Back