• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Match Day!

Richard Stockton

I Live Here
1874 Official
Aug 3, 2013
:scarf:Who's going tonight, another win please too keep the momentum going.. 2-1 win and attendance of 374 please. Green Army :scarf:

Anything over 300 midweek would be tremendous.

I'll be there! Reckon it'll be tough, going for a 2-1 win with 302 in attendance.

Hopefully the floodlights don't go out this time!

1-0 win and 296 will be my attendence guess.

1-0 Matt Woolley & 289

Hard fought game with us just deserving the win & another clean sheet as well

Excellent gritty win tonight. Bootle probably felt they deserved something from the game and probably a draw may well have been the right result, but our lads really worked their socks off with Chappel being the main stalwart in the middle. He was everywhere!

Good win against a good team. My MOM is Beadle, never stopped running.

Great attendance - to put it in to perspective, it was 50 higher than Witton!

I feel luck played a part in the game, even though we deserved to score our goal with a bit lucky, we were also lucky that Bootle didn't score, with crossbar and missing a sitter. On the other side of luck , they were lucky to have 11 men at the end and we was unlucky that the linesman turned up ;). We didn't play as well as we could and made them look better than they were, but a win is a win.

Great result. Probably not the best footballing performance we have seen from the team but boy did they earn the 3 points.

Back 3 strong and superb again, Chappell had his best game in a green shirt thus far. Ward seems to be getting back to his old self. Matt Wooley did well in an unfamiliar role. Still not sold on Tandy, not sure what he brings to the team.

Still we seem to have plenty of confidence at present and hopefully keep the form going towards Christmas.

Just 6 goals conceded in 12 league matches and four clean sheets in a row in the league. Some record which is testament to our excellent defence and goalkeeper.

Conkie keeps us in a lot of games when sometimes the defence misjudges the gameplay and is a great keeper to have, the only problem is sometimes he needs to be reminded he has number one on his back as often he takes walks up to the centre circle. I do understand that some games he must get bored because when we are playing as we can he sees little of the ball. o_O

Have we conceded since playing 3 at the back?

Back