• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Litherland or City of Liverpool

who would you like promoted

• Litherland REMYCA

Votes: 7 70.0%
  • City of Liverpool

Votes: 3 30.0%

• Total voters

Blackie

Too much time on my hands
Aug 5, 2013
With the first div play off final coming up Sat, was wondering who would you prefer to win?
Personally I want Litherland to gain promotion.
Like that, first time at a new ground feeling, and seeing the size of COL's crowds, they will be putting money into a challange should they come up!

With the first div play off final coming up Sat, was wondering who would you prefer to win?
Personally I want Litherland to gain promotion.
Like that, first time at a new ground feeling

Judging by photos of Litherland Sports Ground, a return to Bootle twice next season might make better spectator viewing though Blackie

Went to Litherland last Saturday. Awful game and if you think you are distant to the pitch at the Barton Stadium then double it! It's an athletics track with a pitch in the middle. No atmosphere what so ever!

Still don't want two visits to Bootle!

Sounds like the old Corby ground. Think I'd be tempted to retract one reason, then!

The pitch at Litherland is about as exposed as it gets too. One side of the ground has nothing breaking the wind at all, so it could be a very very cold Tuesday night in winter there!
On the other side though, Bootle once a season is enough. Nothing near the ground at all, at least the Crosby pubs are walkable from Litherland. Waterloo was pretty decent too!

Pants!! Looks like two trips to Bootle and another serious contender for the league!!

City of Liverpool:
Div 1 cup winners.
Div 1 play off winners
And the league cup final to come on tues!!
Now that's a first season!!

Last edited:
Pants!! Looks like two trips to Bootle and another serious contender for the league
Cue a few attempted raids for Merseyside based players to bolster their squad perhaps? Given the membership fan base they might even be able to budget for the odd NPL Division 1 level player too?

Back