• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Leek Town 2-1 1874

Edge

Administrator
Forum Staff
5 Game Player
Jun 24, 2013
A narrow defeat at promotion-chasing Leek.
Other that that I've no idea what happened.

The better side won. However, it was the best I have seen us for some time and I was impressed by Jacob. Unfortunately the winning goal appeared to be an own goal by Tony. Two incredible blocks to stop certain goals by our 2 full backs as well.

Much better today. Special mention to Jacob who played very well in centre midfield. Front 3 and Josh much more involved and a decent cameo from Bower. They shaded it however but they are up there for a reason. Big run of games coming up now so let’s get behind them.

Miles better today, a world apart from boxing day.

Effort and performance matched Leek, they just had the edge up front to see the game off and take the 3 points.

We all really need to get behind the lads now last 16 games to go, lets get some wins on the board - play like we did today and they’ll be back in no time

Attachments

• 3060E8B6-FCAE-4A92-B9C0-8663B518FE14.jpeg
    3060E8B6-FCAE-4A92-B9C0-8663B518FE14.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Agreed 100% better than boxing day and very little between the teams, hopefully play like that saturday and we will pick up some points, decent 74 following as well between 75-100, if joes shot had gone in who knows.
COYG

Here's a theory a mate of mine came up with a few months ago.

We play better on 3G as our youngsters have been brought up on it at their academies & we train on it every week.
A wet pitch is something they're just not played on much & are still adjusting to.

Agree with most of the above comments. Nice to see a bit of change in the middle and we competed well with a top side.

On another day we could have sneaked a draw but our luck just escapes us at the moment. It will come back I'm sue if we keep playing like this.

See everyone Saturday

Back