• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Leek CSOB

A defunct performance. Have to agree with the comments about nerves. The team looked scared to commit.

Ward deserved man of the match. Woods flattered to deceive again. Welstead dwells on the ball too much. Jones had a good game in midfield, but other than him and ward there weren't many good performances. Stewart just isn't a left back and I'd like to see Mitchell be more decisive with his decision making.

Sakeel has to start Saturday, I'm afraid short blew his chance last night.

On to Saturday and they don't come much bigger.....

Sounds like nerves to me.
It's going to be a long 90 minutes on Saturday ...

I think for both teams saturday will be a test of their mental toughness and ability to play in a pressurised environment as much as it will be about their footballing abilities.

But we also need to be prepared for Formby to be in our faces (and the ref!) from the off so we also need to be calm, discliplined and strong.

But games like this one is why we watch football and love the sport so much and the players should also look forward to and relish games such as this.

Agreed, we must not let them ref the game. Because they do!! Seen it 4 times now this season.

A defunct performance. Have to agree with the comments about nerves. The team looked scared to commit.
Probably not surprising, there was an awful lot riding on that 90 minutes.

Sakeel has to start Saturday, I'm afraid short blew his chance last night.

On to Saturday and they don't come much bigger.....

To be fair to Shorty though, has he not bagged a couple of vital goals in the last month?

As AF has rightly pointed out, it's a big game for both teams (pretty much winner takes all in the grand scheme of things) and it's going to test the nerve and character of all involved (including the ref and his able assistants).

Bottom line here is, we're cheering on eleven players who do this after their day job is finished, something in the midst of a frustrating performance we're all sometimes guilty of forgetting. If they could produce a flawless performance when the pressure is really on ..... they'd most likely be playing at a far higher level.

We've come a long long way since last Spring and if anyone had said (even last Autumn) we'd be where we are, potentially 90 minutes away from having a big foot wedged in the promotion door, we'd have all been very happy I'm sure. I predict right here and now, Saturday will not be a classic; we're in for another nervy, nail biting game. As tense and (probably) as frustrated as we all might feel during the game, we as fans need to be positive and get behind the lads, one hundred percent from the kick-off until the final whistle. If we feel the need to groan or curse, then do it inwardly ;) Let's roar them on to three points :scarf:

All this talk of 'poor team spirit' and 'blew his chance' ?????

I'm really made up with how much the lads have really bought into this... they are desperate to win every game. These are good honest lads, none of this prima donna rubbish. They might get outclassed against better opposition (Maine Road) but they have proved they are well up for the fight. Sure, we all have our favorites and barring the obvious workrate, I bet all of the players from Wednesday thought they could do better but this is football. We are all good touchline managers but I suppose we don't know all the issues team wise as has been pointed out before. Personally, I don't think Sakeel suits that Winsford pitch... Mike Aston is a brilliant organiser but Danny and Craig are a good enough pairing and he doesn't get into the midfield for me. I'd have him at full back. Rick Bailey is a massive loss whenever he is not there. Ryan Stewart is a superstar, he does everything right. Chris Lunn is one of the most composed players I have seen at this level but Streety can't fit him in. Our team is far far better than what it was at the start of the season and look where we are? If we had Craig, Daley, Jonah, Matty Ward etc from day one then we'd be top of the pack I bet.

Three really tough games coming up, it's not just about Formby. Widnes will want to finish off their season and Holkers position has been false all season, they were a good side.

I can't wait for Saturday, it's up higher up there than the FA cup games of recent years with Vics.

Got total faith in the lads from the eleven who start to the squad members that might not kick a ball in the ninety - you've been brilliant - let's go and do it.

I know Formby is a big game,but don't forget Holker could have a big say in it,with their games against us and Formby they are a good side.So a draw might not be the end of the world.

A draw tomorrow takes it out of our hands again, but I agree the result wouldn't necessarily be terminal.

Back