• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Leek CSOB

Jack Owen

Too much time on my hands
Aug 4, 2013
They began their 4 games in 5 days on Saturday, losing at home to Ashton Town, 1-0.

Decent result considering the circumstances they find themselves in.

I do really feel sorry for them, fighting a relagation battle and having their last game of the four, against a side looking to get closer to Formby and promotion.

I feel even sorrier for Rochdale, whose fixture schedule the week after Easter just borders on the ridiculous.

Leek were winning 3-1 at home to Daisy Hill last time I looked. Some achievement for a team that barely know each other and who have so many games to play in the next few days.

Meanwhile, Rochdale can't stop scoring. They scored another seven tonight in their 7-2 win at home to Flixton Villa.

Surely we won't slip against a team playing it's 4th game in 5 days???

I would expect a cricket score, no dis-respect due to Leek, but they already struggle for a team and the league have really not helped them with such a stupid fixture list

Leek are a better team than people are giving them credit for, just look at last nights result! Don't think it'll be the walk in the park everyone is expecting.

No cricket score anticipated as far as I'm concerned. Three points, no matter how hard work we make in getting them, is all that counts, along with us keeping injury and suspension free by the final whistle.

I'll be happy with more points than goals, as long as neither is zero

Drew 2-2 with Eccleshall tonight.
Holker won 3-2 at Rochdale.

Ex 1874 player Anthony Marshall bagging two goals for Eccleshall.

To be honest I can see the game getting called off tonight because it's far too dry today lol. ;)

Good to get three points tonight, doesnt really wpmatter how we just needed tow in, sets up saturday beautifully now

Pretty poor in the first half, only the odd chance. But the second half was much much better. At time it seems as we're trying to walk the ball in to the net, need to shoot more. Shooting and going wide is better then messing around with it in the area and getting tackled.

3 points is what matters, Saturday will be huge!

So close going into the last three games!
10245361_651027138296292_2413674199691402914_n.jpg

One thing that stood out tonight for me was a really poor team spirit. Players swearing, criticising and moaning at each other. I was really surprised at the way the players spoke to each other considering they are potential promotion candidates. Matt Conkie in particular was on the receiving end of abuse from his team mates.

Sounds like nerves to me.
It's going to be a long 90 minutes on Saturday ...

I have to agree with Alan and said so to my dad during the game.

The supporters were tense and I am sure that transmitted itself to our players.
It was noticeable that once we scored and the crowd relaxed then the players seemed to be more positive and put together some great moves encouraged by the chanting crowd.

Roll on Saturday.

3 points is 3 points!!

Can't fault the lads for effort, they tried so hard but it just wouldn't come. A bit of quality was needed and again Mr Brandon was there to finish off a great cross from Daley.

Only a few good performances tonight, Ryan Stewart did so well powering forward from left back. He didn't really have much defending to do, having said that neither did all the defence. Deserved MoM for Matty Ward again. Worked tirelessly in midfield, but perhaps shot a couple of times too early and from distance when there was more on. Brandon again was quality and Sakeel did well when he came on. Felt we needed the sub earlier.

Downside, Short was below par, Daley blew hot and cold and Stew Welstead seemed to always want to beat the next defender when it was not necessary.

On to Saturday - We certainly need an improvement in performance from the team and I know Ian will have a plan A. I just hope he's got a plan B and is not afraid to use it quickly. I'm sure the lads will be well up for this game, motivation will not be an issue. I hope Ian picks some grit in midfield, Bailey and Aston are required for me, with Sakeel and Brandon together up front.

Really looking forward to a great awayday and a positive result.

Back