• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Last game attendance!

john butler

Apr 16, 2014
Can we beat our attendance record this evening with the last game of season? Our support this season has been exceptional! I was at the game last, Saturday, against Formby, what a great atmosphere created by the fans!

Can't believe it's our last game tonight. Where did that season go?????????????

Whatever the result tonight or at Formby (Burscough) on Saturday I've had a great time this season and met some great people around our new club and on our awaydays. The chaps you stood next to on the Dane Bank for years, who you didn't really know, have now become not just fellow supporters but also fellow owners and good friends.

I've not agreed with every decision the board have made, but what a wonderful job they have done building this team of OURS!!

Let's see this season go out with a bang!! A win and a good attendance.

I'd like to get our highest midweek attendance of the season. Anything over 275 on a week night is awesome though.

As said above, regardless of whether we go up or not, it's still been the most enjoyable season I've ever had!

It would be great to round off our first season with a bumper crowd (no more than the players deserve!), but realistically I think Andy's estimate of 275 isn't probably too wide of the mark. If we get 300 through the turnstiles tonight, we should all be very happy.

Absolutely correct Tez (as usual mate) and a crowd of 300 would men,I think, our average for the season would be 300? Absolutely fantastic level of support

Absolutely correct Tez (as usual mate) and a crowd of 300 would men,I think, our average for the season would be 300? Absolutely fantastic level of support

Brian is this average of 300 for all home games including cups or just league?

The average is for 17 home games (5463) plus the 5 cup games (1155) for a total of 6618 having watched our home games this season - a brilliant level of support.

Our average home attendance for league games is 321 (Dusty bin for older readers!)

So if nobody turned up to watch our last game of the season tonight the attendance figure for league games ONLY would drop to 303

To maintain the average of 300 for all games we need a crowd of 282 this evening (according to my calculator!)

I would just like to say a big thank you for all your support for our football club this season. I can say that an average attendance of 300 has exceeded all our expectations and has just been fantastic for getting our new club off the ground in our first season. Please can everybody continue to spread the good news about our club to the good people of Northwich and lets try to increase the average attendence to 350 or even 400 for next season.

Finally, I just wish to personally record my thanks to Ian Street, his coaching staff and to the players for all their effort on the pitch this season. Whatever the result tonight and whether we achieve promotion or not, this season will long live in my memory. Please can we all show support for the team tonight by staying behind at the end of the match to give them a well deserved round of applause.

For me, its been the best and most enjoyable season on and off the pitch in 45 years of watching green football ( and that includes Wembley / cup runs / drinkwise etc ). Its a great START - next year we do the same again and more and keep our club moving forward. Thanks to EVERY person and organisation that has contributed - we are making our history and so far we can be really proud of it.

Let's not forget that the kick off for tonights game is 8pm (not the usual 7:45pm) ...... see you there!!

Also, those figures that Brain posted would include the 2 'home' games hosted at Widnes which i'm sure will have attracted more spectators if the were held on their original dates at the Barton Stadium

Should be a good attendance from the cheshire oaks massive this evening. Over 300 tonight yes please.

Reactions: Tez
All couldn't have put it better myself, Been a fantastic season all round.

Yes lets see everybody give the lads a clap off at the end tonight.

Reactions: Tez
Sadly only a virtual +1 tonight, but I shall be raising a celebratory mug of tea at around 9:45 via the updates & twitter. Despite being far away I can honestly say I have felt part of the adventure almost every step of the way, and it's going to be a rather long fallow few months until we resume. Whatever league we are in, I'll be there to greet the new season. :scarf:

To say I'm proud of what we, our board, our management, our players and fans have achieved in our first season is an underestimation.....

IT'S BEEN AWESOME, AN AMAZING EXPERIENCE AND IT WILL LIVE WITH ME FOR THE REST OF MY DAYS.

I cant express my gratitude to Ian the team the board and the members and fans that have made the best season we could have hoped for. I can safely and proudly call myself and my daughter 1874 Northwich without fear of ridicule or having to explain why. this has been more than any of us could have hoped for and I cant wait to make more trips up north next season with my season ticket!!!!

Alan, Tez, Tim although I dont really know yiu personally, via the magic of the forum I class you as mates. Even though I watched Vics for 40yrs, I now know more people at the games than ever before. This year has proved that supporting a club is more than just watching the game. Its about involvment and feeling appeciated. Long may the journey continue.

I'll be there again tonight! Think we should all gather around the drum singing and clapping to get an atmosphere going like we did at Formby, but continue it through the full 90 minutes! The lads deserve recognition for all their effort this year to put us where we are at the moment and now when it matters the most, lets all come together for the last game of the season and cheer them on, win (hopefully) lose or draw! Once again proud to say I support Northwich! COYG!!! :scarf::scarf::scarf:

I'll be there as well, let's get a good atmosphere going, show our appreciation for the lads. Been a great season, let's finish on a high and get a win tonight. :)

Back