• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Land for sale

... and a good debate it is too, as long as we don't get too carried away with our own enthusiam! In which I include myself.

Interesting to speculate on this plot as a possible site for a ground development. By scaling from the plot plan and taking the precise 5.114 acres figure together with the cut out rectangle to the south east into account, gives similar dimensions to those from Alan above i.e. Length
269 yds. (246 m) and average width 96 yds. (88). However, the drawback with this site is that this re-entrant area where the boundary line cuts in, greatly restricts the available width at the centre of that side of the plot. Therefore,a pitch area of 110 yds. x 69 yds. on any layout would have to be so sited, towards one end, that the surrounding strips of land around the pitch would probably be too narrow to provide the other essential ground infrastructure, being restricted to all four sides of the playing area..

That presupposes a width in line with SLBS - though I agree we would prefer not to have an excessively narrow pitch. But I did take that clump of trees into account with my musings - which is why I posted an image of my local Wimborne ground. It is on an even narrower plot than the one under discussion here.

Just noted that the agents block plan has now been revised to show that the previously cut out area on the S.E. side is now included in the sale and the gross area is increased accordingly to 5.296 acres. This amendment enables a much wider range of layout options for a stadium and associated facilities to be considered within the overall plot area.

www.eigpropertyauctions.co.uk

You can get temporary 2 day registration to view sales details etc, so I just did, but unfortunately that particular auction (Auction House Cheshire) has not yet been input into the system. It was lot 9 of 15. Their previous auction sold about half the lots.

The auction was filmed for homes under the hammer. A mystery bidder purchased the land on behalf of Rushetastic Developments, a subsidiary of NVFC 2049 Bladed boot Runner. Sadly the plans for an international Football stadium, drive through Maccies, Multiplex cinema, Marina and a Subway failed as they hadn't read the legal pack....and only had approximately 95% of the finances in place. A spokesman said their legal team was disputing that they had failed, and that they wouldn't be allowed to fill in the river.

Back