• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Knights Grange Scrapped

1874Craig

Legend
Jul 27, 2013
As some of you may be aware the proposed football facility at Knights Grange was scrapped earlier this week.

Although for me it wasn’t a surprise to see the project officially scrapped I feel it’s a massive shame & a missed opportunity for football in mid Cheshire.

Back in 2018 when the project was announced 1874 Northwich were among the teams interested in playing at the football stadium, a facility such as this would’ve been amazing for the level we play at & it’s unfortunate it will no longer be the case.

Attachments

• 0E936F9A-92CA-41FD-A2B8-0E3758B71646.jpeg
    0E936F9A-92CA-41FD-A2B8-0E3758B71646.jpeg
    66.6 KB · Views: 8
Reactions: Ben
As soon as the announcement was made at our AGM by the bullsh…….r that is now in Saudi. Without mentioning the people who believed that this was never going to get off the ground were spot on.

Haha 😂😂 hundred million what ???
Walk through other towns in Cheshire then draw the comparison 🤔

Haha literally in the hundred million plus spent in northwich on the mines stabilisation, then the ongoing money pit of barons quay.
£28m literally twenty years ago.

Meanwhile we still have a 1 lane bridge as a main route into the town.

It's okay though, because they have spent hundreds of thousands of pounds on cancelled Knights Grange stadium plans without ever building a thing.

The issue was that it started off with a "County ground" pitch. Then it became a ground with a training pitch. Then it became a WSL standard stadium with a training complex. Then it became a WSL stadium with training complex and multiple hotels.

If they had stuck with a basic County FA ground it would have been built already on the original site by the A556.

£28m literally twenty years ago.

Meanwhile we still have a 1 lane bridge as a main route into the town.

It's okay though, because they have spent hundreds of thousands of pounds on cancelled Knights Grange stadium plans without ever building a thing.
I’m in northwich right now and understand the challenges. Merely point out that £80m was spent on barons quay plus an annual cost of interest of c£1m. Not a great idea when literally every town centre in the country is struggling. We all know in Cheshire that Chester gets the lions share of investment, as all driven by the tourist £. Now what else could west Cheshire have done with £80m in the middle of northwich? 🤔

I’m in northwich right now and understand the challenges. Merely point out that £80m was spent on barons quay plus an annual cost of interest of c£1m. Not a great idea when literally every town centre in the country is struggling. We all know in Cheshire that Chester gets the lions share of investment, as all driven by the tourist £. Now what else could west Cheshire have done with £80m in the middle of northwich? 🤔
Built it facing the river for a start. Utilise the Weaver ( boat trips)

Back