• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Kidsgrove Athletic (A) - Tuesday 19th July

Jack Owen

Too much time on my hands
Aug 4, 2013
image.jpeg Its our third friendly of pre-season tomorrow as we head to Staffordshire to take on Kidsgrove of the Evo-Stik League, in what should be a big test for our lads!

The weather is supposed to be very nice tomorrow, so hope to see you all there and another good performance in prep for the upcoming season!

Vicki who played last Saturday.

First half team:

Greg Hall, Corey Mason, Danny Thomas, Matt Woolley, Dilan Lomas, Eddie Walker, Rick Bailey, Arron Kirk, Matt Russell, Sam Hind, Tom Bailey

Second half team:

Greg Hall, Trailist (Chris Middleton), Ryan Mitchell, Matt Woolley, Louis James, Mark Jones, George Riley, Neil Chappell, Sam Hind (Tom Bailey), Stuart Wellstead, Paul Connor

Players name in brackets notes a substitution ( )

FIRST HALF GOALS
Tom Bailey - 21' Minutes
Tom Bailey - 25' Minutes

SECOND HALF GOALS (No times this time)
Sam Hind
Stuart Wellstead
Tom Bailey
George Riley

Last edited:
Been asked to convey that Kidsgrove have a well equipped and welcoming club house , fine local pies( Wrights I think ,not Birtie's) and look forward to a good game . Then added something about "duck" .....

Pretty gutted couldn't get to Kidsgrove tonight Pre Season is looking very positive at the moment and the new lads are settling in very well

Pre season or not we are getting some very impressive results and just hope this gives the lads massive confidence heading into the season

Finished 5-0 . Also as a small gauge, West Dids lost tonight at Sandbach. I know pre-season is notoriously difficult to gauge but the early signs are impressive. Gutted that I'll miss Saturday now but England at OT awaits!

Finished 0-5
An excellent team performance against a side that had played well and only narrowly lost to Crewe Alex and Port Vale. Shows what can be done on a good playing surface . Well done Ian for bringing in some impressive newcomers to bolster our remaining resources. Dare one say that we will not miss the departed players this season - indeed this appears to be the strongest squad we have had in our short existence.

Superb performance against higher opposition....balance, good football, and the missing ingredient from last two seasons.....goals.
Bailey and hind connect well up front.
Chaps and Jones controlling midfield.
Back 4 looking fairly solid.
A nice mixture of attacking down the wings and through the middle.
Dare I say providing the Barton pitch keeps in good nick, a side capable of pushing all the way this season.
:D:D:D.

No problem this time in finding the ground !!, what a display by 74 lads which shows the amount of work that Ian and his team have put in during the close season.

Well done and look forward to a most successful season.

After last night's performance,we are going to be a handful for any team at our level and also the league above.If we keep clear of injuries I predict a very successful season.

Back