• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Kidsgrove 2-6

roger . their was a Witton fan back in the day called Alfred Einstien who worked at ICI and was nicknamed Albert.he was a big mate of Ronnie Slade the Witton trainer who also worked at ICI ( ronnie was not so much the man with the golden gun but the man with the galvanised bucket) how we loved to abuse Ronnie when he ran on and he would shout at the vics fans i will have you lot at work on monday !! Alf was nicknamed albert einstien because he always came out with predictions and words of wisdom for rival fans and nearly every one was a load of rubbish. Happy days with great banter and nothing was malicious Have a look in the book Sons of Albion for some great pics of Ronnie Slade

roger . their was a Witton fan back in the day called Alfred Einstien who worked at ICI and was nicknamed Albert.he was a big mate of Ronnie Slade the Witton trainer who also worked at ICI ( ronnie was not so much the man with the golden gun but the man with the galvanised bucket) how we loved to abuse Ronnie when he ran on and he would shout at the vics fans i will have you lot at work on monday !! Alf was nicknamed albert einstien because he always came out with predictions and words of wisdom for rival fans and nearly every one was a load of rubbish. Happy days with great banter and nothing was malicious Have a look in the book Sons of Albion for some great pics of Ronnie Slade

Great story ! Its a shame that a lot of the work place banter between heart felt friends seems to have disappeared, to be replaced with internet posts that rarely convey the same degree of humour and often descend into something quite ugly. With both teams in the same league for a while perhaps we can get back a bit of genuine rivalry and fun.

One of the problems as I see it is that we're still playing the 4-2-1-3 that worked so well in the Counties, but without Scotty & Jake it's not as effective.
If we can't find the right players for the 9 & 10 roles then we should find a different system that suits the players we've got
Am I the only one who sees this apparent 4-2-1-3 formation translate to a 4-1-2-3 on the pitch which is what leads to a lot of our issues as our midfield doesnt operate high enough? We seem to play a CDM more than a CAM.

One of the problems as I see it is that we're still playing the 4-2-1-3 that worked so well in the Counties, but without Scotty & Jake it's not as effective.
If we can't find the right players for the 9 & 10 roles then we should find a different system that suits the players we've got
Possibly yes but I personally quite like the system and think that we can play it with the exception that I'm not convinced about Jack Irlam at #10 I'd like to see Sam get a go there with Woolley and Lucas behind, I think Gabe deserves a fair bit more time yet up front but there's always the option of Irlam up front

Am I the only one who sees this apparent 4-2-1-3 formation translate to a 4-1-2-3 on the pitch which is what leads to a lot of our issues as our midfield doesnt operate high enough? We seem to play a CDM more than a CAM.
I think it depends on the team we put out.

Matt holds & Lucas/Fenton should then get forward when we have the ball

Jack at 10 ends up deeper in the midfield, A 4-3-3??
An attacking 10 -e.g. Joe W, Jakey, Matty Ward would supply & support the 9 a lot more.
When Fenton is back he could fit in at 10, or maybe Lucas?

The CAM doesn't play as a CAM enough imo and plays too deep

Since Feb 12th:

W2 D2 L10 - F11 A27 - Currently 9 games without a clean sheet

We've got problems at both ends of the pitch - probably the first time under Bows and Goodie that the defence looks shakey.

Last edited:
It’s all relative.

Back