• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Kidsgrove 2-6

I said it before but we need to change the managers asap they’re taken us asfar as they can.
It’s the easiest thing in the world to fire managers. But finding replacements for these two guys who not only get big time what we are about but also do it for bugger all remuneration will be a tough task. And IMHO any potential successors would probably just walk away when they found out the budget they would have available.

So my point would be “be careful what you wish for”. It’s just one game and yes we were awful, but our young side are now under no illusions about what it takes to play at this level and they now need to step up a level if they are to have any chance of progressing their careers.

But I’m also not saying that Bow and Goody aren’t beyond criticism. So, for the want of sounding like a stuck record, it maddens me that they seem unprepared to change the shape in which we play. Game, after game, after game, whether it be Scott McGowan, Josh Quarless, Jack Irlam or now Gabe Ellis, our No 9 recieved the ball with bugger all support to help him out.

9 times out of ten the opposition will then win the ball ,counter and then we are straight on the defensive!😡

It’s the easiest thing in the world to fire managers. But finding replacements for these two guys who not only get big time what we are about but also do it for bugger all remuneration will be a tough task. And IMHO any potential successors would probably just walk away when they found out the budget they would have available.

So my point would be “be careful what you wish for”. It’s just one game and yes we were awful, but our young side are now under no illusions about what it takes to play at this level and they now need to step up a level if they are to have any chance of progressing their careers.

But I’m also not saying that Bow and Goody aren’t beyond criticism. So, for the want of sounding like a stuck record, it maddens me that they seem unprepared to change the shape in which we play. Game, after game, after game, whether it be Scott McGowan, Josh Quarless, Jack Irlam or now Gabe Ellis, our No 9 recieved the ball with bugger all support to help him out.

9 times out of ten the opposition will then win the ball ,counter and then we are straight on the defensive!😡
Oh, and yes, for the life of me, judged on his performances since coming back to the club, I’m struggling to understand why Sam A isn’t starting

Remember the 20/21 season in the NWCFL Premier. We lost our first match of the season at home to Rylands 1-6 (FA Cup) and finished the season 10th in the league after a very shaky start in the league. So we’ve been here before and survived. Keep the faith!

Very naive today against the best Kidsgrove side I’ve seen. They have strengthened and were clinical today. We started well but gave away too many cheap goals and other than our goal didn’t look like scoring in the first half. Disastrous start to the 2nd half with Jonas calamity OG and we looked clueless. Then enter Sam, Isaac and Dayo and suddenly we were transformed. We scored a penalty and their keeper pulled off two superb saves before Jonah missed a sitter and Sam went close. Not a 6-2 game but today there was too many changes, too many out of position and too much inexperience in our starting X1. After signing so many players I’m not convinced our management know who the strongest X1 is …. I am baffled why Marrow, Broe, Green and Hurst wernt in the stating X1 today….and puzzled why Sam wasn’t either. This league is hard enough as it is without making things more difficult with so much inexperience on the pitch. The managers need to act quick, we proved in the last 25 mins that we can compete but we cannot afford to concede cheap goals in the manner we did…..too many inexperienced young lads is not the balance that works in this league…. Teams like Kidsgrove will pick us off time after time…..Keep the faith …COYG

Remember the 20/21 season in the NWCFL Premier. We lost our first match of the season at home to Rylands 1-6 (FA Cup) and finished the season 10th in the league after a very shaky start in the league. So we’ve been here before and survived. Keep the faith!

On this note of the #9, it shows how blessed we have been over the years with the likes of McGowan, Beadle, Bailey and Brandon.

All of whom could make chances from nothing. McGowan especially, who would clearly fume over poor service and chase endless balls for us while still bagging over 20-30+ goals a season.

There are a couple of interesting points from Wayne in answer to questions on the fans facebook page (on the teamsheet post). To a question as to why Sam does not start "Ben Spencer turn up at training regular….
🫤
" and about Jack Marrow "Stephen Allen-Gurr Jack’s had a slight calf issue, which we are managing so he doesn’t pull it fully and be out for a long period of time. Could be fully in contention this coming week." These may answer some of the above points. Looks to me that we need to get Sam training more often as the side looks much better with him!

There are a couple of interesting points from Wayne in answer to questions on the fans facebook page (on the teamsheet post). To a question as to why Sam does not start "Ben Spencer turn up at training regular….
🫤
" and about Jack Marrow "Stephen Allen-Gurr Jack’s had a slight calf issue, which we are managing so he doesn’t pull it fully and be out for a long period of time. Could be fully in contention this coming week." These may answer some of the above points. Looks to me that we need to get Sam training more often as the side looks much better with him!
We can’t afford to jeopardise our chance of getting something from games though by not selecting our best players. We are not a professional club and don’t pay big wages. People are struggling financially….maybe Sam had reasons why he can’t turn up as often as others at training. Bottom line is if we don’t select our best players then results like yesterday will happen all to often ….the result of that will be lower gates, less money, losing better players and ultimately relegation… .I know it’s tough on those that turn up week in week out for training but football is full of tough decisions and loyalty doesn’t always pay dividends. We have to get the balance right otherwise we fail. COYG

A great man once said The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. -Albert Einstein.

is this the same Albert Einstien that used to get down to Witton he was always coming out with similar quotes ie " I fancy Witton for the title " he never got that right either. its football these results happen calling for the managers heads after one game is crackers.

is this the same Albert Einstien that used to get down to Witton he was always coming out with similar quotes ie " I fancy Witton for the title " he never got that right either. its football these results happen calling for the managers heads after one game is crackers.
I don’t actually agree that the management team need to go (yet). However, they do need to take note of some of the concerns that fans have as their stubbornness to adapt and listen to the concerns is just going to drive fans away. The problems we are seeing again this season have been happening for a prolonged period now with no signs of change (merely changing things up once it’s far too late in the game).

I get your point but this is a much tougher league than the counties

Very naive today against the best Kidsgrove side I’ve seen. They have strengthened and were clinical today. We started well but gave away too many cheap goals and other than our goal didn’t look like scoring in the first half. Disastrous start to the 2nd half with Jonas calamity OG and we looked clueless. Then enter Sam, Isaac and Dayo and suddenly we were transformed. We scored a penalty and their keeper pulled off two superb saves before Jonah missed a sitter and Sam went close. Not a 6-2 game but today there was too many changes, too many out of position and too much inexperience in our starting X1. After signing so many players I’m not convinced our management know who the strongest X1 is …. I am baffled why Marrow, Broe, Green and Hurst wernt in the stating X1 today….and puzzled why Sam wasn’t either. This league is hard enough as it is without making things more difficult with so much inexperience on the pitch. The managers need to act quick, we proved in the last 25 mins that we can compete but we cannot afford to concede cheap goals in the manner we did…..too many inexperienced young lads is not the balance that works in this league…. Teams like Kidsgrove will pick us off time after time…..Keep the faith …COYG
I agree that the managers don't know the strongest XI but we've had to make so many changes to the squad again that I don't think that they (or any other manager for that matter) should be expected to know their best XI yet

I get your point but this is a much tougher league than the counties
I put the point forward as an example of how in the past our managers have coped with a dire situation and got it right in the end.
we have lost too many quality players from last season and to try and replace them on our meagre budget is a tall order. The only option is to go for youth and hope that they can respond to good quality training.

I put the point forward as an example of how in the past our managers have coped with a dire situation and got it right in the end.
we have lost too many quality players from last season and to try and replace them on our meagre budget is a tall order. The only option is to go for youth and hope that they can respond to good quality training.
But there has to be a blend of youth and experience and what I’ve seen this far is that we’ve got too much of the former and not enough of the latter. It really was men v boys yesterday as it was at Times v Ossett.

Im fully aware of the constraints we have re budget, but to stay in this league is all about strength, power, resilience and organisation. And on the evidence of pre-season and the first two games we are miles away in all these departments

But there has to be a blend of youth and experience and what I’ve seen this far is that we’ve got too much of the former and not enough of the latter. It really was men v boys yesterday as it was at Times v Ossett.

Im fully aware of the constraints we have re budget, but to stay in this league is all about strength, power, resilience and organisation. And on the evidence of pre-season and the first two games we are miles away in all these departments
So what’s the cause of our problem do you think. Is it that our managers don’t have enough contacts to bring in suitably experienced players or is it that we can’t afford to pay for the players we need. Our crowds whilst not huge are fairly average in this league so our income must be in the average bracket I think. Or is there another issue?

So what’s the cause of our problem do you think. Is it that our managers don’t have enough contacts to bring in suitably experienced players or is it that we can’t afford to pay for the players we need. Our crowds whilst not huge are fairly average in this league so our income must be in the average bracket I think. Or is there another issue?
I don’t think that it is the former issue. During their tenure Bo and Goody have demonstrated many times that they can attract quality players. IMHO it’s all about ££. Whilst we may bring in similar levels of £ than other clubs at Step 4 through the gate, we can’t match the majority and from what I can see many other clubs at our level (and that below) also appear to have third party backing.

The solution? I’m not sure. But we’ve played just one league game so IMHO as poor as we were on Saturday it’s far too early to panic. We need to give the team the chance to gel and allow the younger lads to acclimatise to playing at this level.

I think it's meant to be 4-2-1-3 but when we have the ball it does seem to be 4-5-1 with the 1 up front being far too isolated
One of the problems as I see it is that we're still playing the 4-2-1-3 that worked so well in the Counties, but without Scotty & Jake it's not as effective.
If we can't find the right players for the 9 & 10 roles then we should find a different system that suits the players we've got

I don’t think that it is the former issue. During their tenure Bo and Goody have demonstrated many times that they can attract quality players. IMHO it’s all about ££. Whilst we may bring in similar levels of £ than other clubs at Step 4 through the gate, we can’t match the majority and from what I can see many other clubs at our level (and that below) also appear to have third party backing.

The solution? I’m not sure. But we’ve played just one league game so IMHO as poor as we were on Saturday it’s far too early to panic. We need to give the team the chance to gel and allow the younger lads to acclimatise to playing at this level.
James, most clubs have their own bars as well as sugar daddies and that can add quite a bit into the coffers, and i think that is a major problem for us. I don't think it is a case that the managers don't have enough contacts. It amazes me the players they do know about. And, as we have read elsewhere, one of their targets during the close season was offered £150/week MORE elsewhere than we were willing to pay. Allowing for away games that is 30 more spectators we need through the gate for just that one person. It also shows the importance of the money raising initiatives such as TMFG (hint, hint) and Boost the Budget etc, so if people aren't supporting these, and can afford it, they ought to sign up for them.

Now Now then Virgil - leave us of this one. its purely a domestic !

Back