• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

IT'S THE CANNON FOR GANNON

Tony1874

Too much time on my hands
Aug 1, 2013
Absolutely no significance to us but just been having a chat with a Witton friend of mine who says Jim Gannon is to leave JRFC before the start of next season. Don't ask me where he got that info from, he wouldn't tell me but has no reason to lie.
I suppose until it's either officially confirmed or denied it remains rumour but you read it here first, on General Chat.

Last edited:
Perhaps he's got the Witton job :)
I did read somewhere recently that he likes the set up at Witton, which obviously means the set up at JRFC is lacking. Not sure Witton could afford him which makes you wonder how JRFC can.

Clearly he's a good manager and it wouldn't surprise me at all of some top clubs where interested in him

And to answer toddys question on the other thread. Its was not in plan to play at witton for 3 years. That cost the club £250,000 in lost revenue efictively £500,000 due to the match funding of the grant from the football foundation. Attendances dropped from averaging 800 at the drill field down to appox 500 at witton. your local councillors went against the advice of experts who we as tax payers pay to employee at Vale Royal Borough Council planning department who held up planning permission. Your local council has made about £2m directly and indirectly since then out of vics,

By the way are saying the gang of three did not say what I said they did?.

And to answer toddys question on the other thread. Its was not in plan to play at witton for 3 years. That cost the club £250,000 in lost revenue efictively £500,000 due to the match funding of the grant from the football foundation. Attendances dropped from averaging 800 at the drill field down to appox 500 at witton. your local councillors went against the advice of experts who we as tax payers pay to employee at Vale Royal Borough Council planning department who held up planning permission. Your local council has made about £2m directly and indirectly since then out of vics,

Keep to the thread please!!!

Many apols Mr Tez.

Jim Gannon is a True nice guy and gentleman too.

Mr rogers does your friends name happen to begin with the letter N.

As a compromise could we have a separate thread where a mod could move all colins posts to as they come in and then lock it until the next one is moved in and so on?
I genuinely find his posts hilarious but I do agree that responding to him clogs up sensible threads and I plead guilty to that one.:(

Cant really see Witton employing Mr Gannon as it would lose it publicicty in the local wrag as mr simpson wont speak to jim gannon.

As a compromise could we have a separate thread where a mod could move all colins posts to as they come in and then lock it until the next one is moved in and so on?
I genuinely find his posts hilarious but I do agree that responding to him clogs up sensible threads and I plead guilty to that one.:(

Great minds @Pete
The mods & I have been thinking along the same lines.

So this is now Colin's thread.
Colin is free to comment on other threads but anything off topic will be removed & lead to a ban.

Your more than welcome to do that Toddy, you don't even have to do a Vote on it. Please feel free to delete my IP address anytime. so long and take care. You couldn't on the off chance send my £200.00 donation onto the British Red Cross. lots of people are suffering around the world like in nepal and that money could be used to help save somebody's life.

You couldn't on the off chance send my £200.00 donation onto the British Red Cross. lots of people are suffering around the world like in nepal and that money could be used to help save somebody's life.

Unbelieveably disrespectful and insincere comment, not one hint of real concern for the people of Nepal, just another comment with an ulterior motive to have a dig at 1874.
You really have turned into a despicable person Colin.

A lot of people are also suffering because of JRFC's refusal to pay their debts, do you have anything to say about that?

Last edited:
Back