• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

increase in div1 promotion places

Blackie

Too much time on my hands
Aug 5, 2013
Apparently a votes been passed that next season 3 teams are to be promoted from div1, the 3rd being decided by play-offs.
Seems a lot considering they'll probably only be around 17/18 teams in the league.
And of course, means more relegated from the premier.

I think it might be nearer 20next season @Blackie.
Formby & Leek CSOB have gone ,but Barnton & Litherland Remyca are replacing them and Stockport Town and Cammel Laird find out this week I think if their applications have been successful.

So long as some common sense and judicious fixture planning can be applied to the League Cups (i.e midweek scheduling where possible) then having a play-off is a positive move which will maintain interest toward the end of the season for more clubs and hopefully not introduce more potential fixture chaos if/when games are called off due to the weather.

Hate playoffs, waste of time and quite often frustrating, upsetting and demoralising.
Take FCUM.... Finished 16 points ahead of Ashton but lost the playoffs...... Wheres the justice in that?
Only think playoffs serve is keeping interest in the league until the last day with clubs fighting for a play off spot.

your last sentence above sums it up very succinctly Tony. But the other main point always made when this subject is being discussed at any level is that "at the start of the season" everyone knows what is up for grabs i.e. first two get promoted automatically whilst next 4 have a chance in playoffs

We all know whats up for grabs in the NWCFL Prem.
That's one hell of a league to get stuck in and get out of but I'm looking forward to the challenge ;)

Back