• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

I had a dream by Dr Martin Luther Milburne

John LILBURN

I Live Here
May 16, 2014
I had a dream last night where after the demise of JRFC all the 1874 and JRFC fans decided to bury the hatchet and were sitting in the Penny Black, even Colin and Jaime were there buying each other drinks and all pulling together behind 1874 as the only possible saviour of local football in Northwich.

I was so shocked it even woke me up!

A premonition perhaps?

(with apologies to Dr Martin Luther King)

I just don't get why anyone would continue to support the club if they are once again playing 20 miles away from Northwich. A football club is about the community and the town, not some shady business men's play thing to use for what ever reason they are using it for. It is more clear than ever that the club is not about football. I actually feel for those who continue to bury their heads in the sand. For the sake of the truce, they would of course be welcome at the 1874, I just don't get this continued blind faith.

“Don’t be in a hurry to condemn because he doesn’t do what you do or think as you think or as fast. There was a time when you didn’t know what you know today.” — Malcolm X

....... I'm just saying folks ;)

Though to be fair this one is on the button too:
"Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter.” Or even "There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

Although the door is always open to 1874 I genuinely have no faith that this will happen

I suspect not with Colin or Jaime but I am sure that the remainder of the JRFC fans are reasonable people who may wish to give us a try, and if not then we have made the offer.

I just don't get why anyone would continue to support the club if they are once again playing 20 miles away from Northwich. A football club is about the community and the town, not some shady business men's play thing to use for what ever reason they are using it for. It is more clear than ever that the club is not about football. I actually feel for those who continue to bury their heads in the sand. For the sake of the truce, they would of course be welcome at the 1874, I just don't get this continued blind faith.
Reminds me of the 1st verse of a little ditty I heard some time ago :-

The Ostriches

We bury our heads in the sand all day
hoping the sins of the past go away.
There's good times ahead according to Jim,
it must be true if coming from him.

Back