• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

How can we promote our club?

Halvo1874

Legend
Aug 4, 2013
I ask this question because I still do not think we are doing enough as a club to get new fans from the Northwich area to support our club.

Can we not organise a concerted campaign on social media in the coming weeks before next season starts?

Can somebody organise an official email flyer to be plastered across all social media platforms? I would post on the Kingsmead Residents association if I was sent a flyer. The club could post on Northwich Life.

We need to increase the local awareness of our club and what we stand for. We need to sell more the idea of supporting our club and what we can give in terms of a match day experiance.

The bottom line is that we must make more of an effort to increase our dwindling fan base, otherwise the club will slowly whither on the vine in the years to come.

Who agrees with me?

Last edited:
I’ve seen this on Twitter today…not sure if we have produced something similar but may be worth looking at if not…

Attachments

• F19BA933-95D1-47CD-966F-267001C90F37.jpeg
    F19BA933-95D1-47CD-966F-267001C90F37.jpeg
    196.8 KB · Views: 44
  • E28AF454-3D3B-4021-B4DE-5B95576D96FC.jpeg
    E28AF454-3D3B-4021-B4DE-5B95576D96FC.jpeg
    135.4 KB · Views: 43
I'm pretty sure I've seen one in the past, but probably from our Winsford days.

Expecting 500+ gates????

Lucky if they got 150 in the Counties.
They had 577 for the last league game in the Midland league, 467 the one before that, but then 269 & into the one hundreds before that.

I'm pretty sure I've seen one in the past, but probably from our Winsford days.
I think Eddy Phillips was all in favour of such a commercial brochure a few years ago , It did not take off (and the same arguments still apply at Barnton) because we did not have control of things at Winsford, considered necessary for us to offer to any sponsors.

Gary is spot is spot on you have got to raise the profile of the club but we come back again to the same old problem three local clubs at a similar level all trying to attract new support.Witton will push that the facilities at Witton are top quality.Vics will also push that they are a fans run club( some people may dispute this) and they are playing at a ground with good facilities free parking use of clubhouse. i think 1874 will succeed if they get on a good cup run and try and improve the facilities at barnton .cannot they do some kind of deal to use the memorial hall on matchdays to sell refreshment and were people could meet on match days after all they are quite happy to charge for parking barnton parish council should be giving something back. As the local press now relies on match reports to be submitted for printing and give him is due Pete Tongue of the Vics sent in reports and photos to the Guardian every week.Could not some budding sports reporter do the same for 1874

.Could not some budding sports reporter do the same for 1874
I'm pretty sure @Jack Owen regularly supplies reports to the Guardian & Xenia sends photos as well.
But we don't have a media officer since Matt joined Wrexham so we are missing out in some areas.

Our social media output is head & shoulders above the other clubs in the town.
Again there are areas that could be promoted better - e.g. membership but until the new membership system is in place then it's hard to promote.

And like you say the facilities aren't the best at Townfield but both clubs are working together to improve them.

what the club needs is a PR /Commercial person whose sole roll is to be pro-active in raising the clubs profile.this may mean rewarding someone with a financial incentive ( or is someone doing this role already ) is it not worth approaching Ches west council for the use of one many empty shops in Northwich for say 6 weeks before the season starts as a temporary club shop fill it with club merchandise a base for the volunteers to meet and introduce potential new supporters to what the club can offer.i would also offer a two for one entrance fee for new first time visitors to a game

is it not worth approaching Ches west council for the use of one many empty shops in Northwich for say 6 weeks before the season starts as a temporary club shop
That was mentioned last night. The weaver thingy area is now unavailable which only leaves properties owned by commercial landlords

barons quay complex is owned by Ches West Council the majority is empty.i am sure a community club would as a gesture be allowed to have a short term use of part of one the smaller units.

Not 100% certain but I think CWAC want full commercial rates for Barons Quay which is why it's not an option

Toddy and myself tried to do this a couple of years ago. the cost of the stall was quite prohibited think it was over £100 the organisers also insisted you have public liability insurance for your stall . so we gave that one a miss.

Back