• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Hednesford

Edge

Administrator
Forum Staff
5 Game Player
Jun 24, 2013
I believe our goose is finally cooked.
Keeper sent off after 5, they score from the free-kick & that’s the game.

We caused them problems in the first half with Olly doing well but we never worked the keeper and our corners never looked dangerous.
In the second half we didn’t really look like getting level. Matty Fenton went up front and had the ball in the net but he was yards offside.

Yards offside?
I'd really like to see the veo,because where I was stood he looked well on.

Relegation confirmed with that defeat if it wasn’t already.

I don’t recall us having a shot and nor can I remember us doing so against Leek last week. We can’t even create chances never mind score.

I’m really struggling to see us getting another point this season.

Battled hard again especially with 10 men for nearly the whole game but rarely troubled Hednesford keeper. Can’t comment on their goal and our disallowed goal as I was not in a good position to see.
But I wasn’t impressed with the officials the ref was well behind play for most of the game and missed lots of niggly
fouls by Hednesford.
At the end of the day it was a poor match with 2 poor teams and little quality.
I must mention Mike Ibeto though as he had an excellent game. Woolley did well in goal too.
No chance now of staying up.

Yards offside?
I'd really like to see the veo,because where I was stood he looked well on.
I was pretty much level and he was clearly offside

Battled hard again especially with 10 men for nearly the whole game but rarely troubled Hednesford keeper. Can’t comment on their goal and our disallowed goal as I was not in a good position to see.
But I wasn’t impressed with the officials the ref was well behind play for most of the game and missed lots of niggly
fouls by Hednesford.
At the end of the day it was a poor match with 2 poor teams and little quality.
I must mention Mike Ibeto though as he had an excellent game. Woolley did well in goal too.
No chance now of staying up.
Thought Ibeto did well but was at fault for the incident which led to the goal and the keeper being red carded.
Otherwise thought he had a good game

What I will say is that every single 1874 player gave their absolute all today. That is the effort that the fans want to see each week. That was a much improved performance given the circumstances, and one that was more '74 like.

Whilst relegation seems a cert now, if we continue with that attitude in the coming weeks we will pick up some much deserved points for Matt and Jonah.

Great performance from matty in goal and deservedly MOM, they were awful and we gave it a go but no shots on target in the last 2 home games says it all, if we can't beat them we won't beat anybody, cut any costs we can now ready for next season as there is no escape from the bottom of the league now.

Wasn’t there today, it seems clear that the current set of players are giving 100% and are fully committed. It is not their fault that we are marooned at the bottom, it’s not them that could have dissuaded others from leaving a few months ago, not them that are responsible for the clubs rapid decline in the last 12 months or so. They were then placed in an awkward position with a rookie manager which was a huge gamble. A lack of direction and timely decision making has sadly plummeted us to where we are currently. That game at Moss Rose last season seems a million miles away now…..we have to take stock and learn from the last 12 months. Bouncing back to NPL level won’t be easy, we need to grow the club again and hope that a manager with midland league experience and contacts can jump on board….

Last edited:
There does now however, need to be some transparency regarding the planning for next season.

A productive, and constructive, fans meeting would be useful at this junction in order for all to understand the vision for the journey we will be on next season. If we are to bounce back, we all need to work together.

What I will say is that every single 1874 player gave their absolute all today. That is the effort that the fans want to see each week. That was a much improved performance given the circumstances, and one that was more '74 like.

Whilst relegation seems a cert now, if we continue with that attitude in the coming weeks we will pick up some much deserved points for Matt and Jonah.
As you say Cal, a first rate performance by the boys in green, particularly given it was 11 v 10 for 90 minutes and with an outfield player in goal.

The fact that, despite these blows, we were still in the game until the last few
minutes says a huge amount about the shift that they put in.

Just a pity that some of the usual moaning minnies couldn’t stay behind and give them the applause that they richly deserved 👍💚🖤💚🖤

Well that pretty much sums our season up, I felt confident going into today's game that the only way they were going to beat us is by either something like a fluke goal or our keeper getting sent off and unfortunately the second one happened, no disrespect but I thought they were absolutely crap and I understand why they are second bottom of the league but unfortunately for us we just don't have the confidence or quality in anything that we do to be able to take advantage of playing poor teams like that, no complaints about the red card and I thought that Woolley did very well in the difficult circumstances and agree that Mike Ibeto had a good game and really looks a good player, Highly likely looks like the Midlands league next season which whilst obviously disappointing I think we should look at it as a new journey in the clubs history, I know that I'm personally looking forward to the challenge of us working our way back into this league which I personally think we'll achieve very soon 💚

When your lucks out, your lucks out. It was a red card but harsh. Then the free kick takes a scrawpy deflection and goes in. I honestly think we would’ve won that game 11 v 11. Fair play to the lads, could’ve folded but went on the front foot. Hednesford fans were a good bunch but let’s be honest they were a very poor side. Hard to plan for next year as we don’t which league we’ll be in, keep the faith, we’ve had years of positives, this year we take a step back and come back stronger.

Hard to plan for next year as we don’t which league we’ll be in
Don't agree with that. We know exactly what league we'll be in next year after today.

There will be at least 2 South Manchester teams in the Midland League next year as well - so there's no chance of us being anywhere other than there.

First half was the best 45 of football we've played in the whole season. A real shame we didn't score when we were on top.

Second half we faded, but could have easily snatched a point at the end. Other than a scrawpy deflection on a free kick they didn't look anywhere close to scoring. On top of that they have one of the most panicky defences I've seen in this league.

Mike Ibeto was immense today - if Woolley hadn't have been the best keeper on the pitch of the 3 - he would have easily been MOTM.

On top of all that - we really did make inroads when Fenton went up top - I'd love to have us start with a back 4 and stick him up top against Hanley (can he take some free kicks too please!) - we can always bring him back into centre back later if we need. We might as well just go for it in our remaining matches and lets have something to cheer at.

Oh, and a quick word for the ref. They were timewasting from 10 minutes. It took him until 87 minutes to book someone for it - had 5 subs come on and then only adds on 3 minutes??? No issue with the red or the offsides - but the timewasting was totally out of control and he did nothing.

Last edited:
Back