• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Hednesford 1-1 1874

Jack Owen

Too much time on my hands
Aug 4, 2013
Huge improvement today, first half we could have been 3/4 up and they couldn't get into our half.

Then a worldie of a strike brought them level.

Second half was even, hotly contested. Disgrace of a decision to disallow Lucas Weir’s freekick for a “foul” on their keeper. Well done to Matty Fenton being brave to go in net and see it out for us.

Onwards and upwards from here, Greens 💪🟢⚫

Mainly agree with you Jack although I did think Hednesford were better than us in second half. Their No 7 looked a useful player - had several excellent strikes.
The first 25-30 mins I thought I was watching a different side. We were really good playing some attractive football. Pity we couldn’t get that elusive second goal.
Still need to be more clinical in front of goal and a decent striker.
Not sure about the disallowed goal I didn’t get a good sight of it.
However a much better all round display and nice to go home not having lost.
Only downside was Ellis being sent off. No complaints though - correct decision.

Guess that’s Ellis out for Boxing Day ?
hopefully we can get a decent replacement to cover
we are desperate for a goal scorer

Much better watch today, especially the first half. We could have been a few goals up after the first 20 minutes and the game put to bed. A big improvement in our attacking play. Really encouraging overall and nice to not lose. We do need a goal scorer though.

Over on the Hednesford forum, their fans aren’t particularly happy. Have to say they’re being a little harsh as I thought their team put in a decent second half performance and were the better side, being denied by the woodwork a few times. https://www.hednesfordtown.com/HTFC/forum/viewforum.php?f=56

Lucas Weir’s free kick should never have been disallowed and thought the officials had a shocker today. Gave every decision to them although it was a red for Ellis.

A point a fair result overall. Onwards and upwards!

Guess that’s Ellis out for Boxing Day ?
hopefully we can get a decent replacement to cover
we are desperate for a goal scorer
Should only be a one game ban, unless the ref deemed it as violent conduct - which it doesn’t sound like it was.

It will be interesting to see the disallowed goal - I was disappointed but not surprised as I thought one of our players had climbed on one of theirs,
We were all over them for the first 20 or 25 minutes and then they equalised by taking a shot from distance. There were times when none of our platers looked as if they wanted to shoot, they just passed it to each other when they could have had a go. Twice Hednesford hit Ellis's left hand post during the second half when they were in the ascendancy.
I thought the ref did not have too bad a game - I can only remember shouting at him once!

Definitely better and tons of effort but changes needed to stay up i believe.
Thought we did well for 25 mins then pretty much second best.
Didn't test their keeper enough who was really poor.
The disallowed goal looked good but will watch it back.
Decent away following and backing.
Hope for a home win next week.
See you all there.

Yes a good first 20 mins or so with some good flowing attacking football. Great to see. Agree that we could have shot a couple of times when we decided to pass but that comes with confidence.

Couldn't believe Ellis kicked the ball out for a throw which ed to their goal. He didn't seem under pressure and could of hoofed it upfield. A great finish though from the Hednesford lad. After this the game changed and they came into it more especially in the second half. As with most people couldn't see why our second goal was disallowed as it was a decent jump and the keeper just lost it.

Overall a step forward and grateful for the point in the end especially after Ellis was sent off.

Just a point on the "jobs worth" stewards. "You can't put your flag there" and "your going to have to move". All bar a dozen or so young 12-16 year olds had turned round at half time and they thought they might give us some trouble.??? As it was the thirty or so of us moved about 20 yards and the banter was still there. I get the stewards point but it could have been handled better.

Oh well non League I suppose on to next Saturday, See everyone there!

The disallowed goal is approx 79 minutes in on the timer. I cannot see the climbing I thought I saw at the game (which was not on the keeper) nor can I see any proof of anyone climbing on the keeper who definitely flapped very ineffectively at the ball. I thought the red card was not clear either.

I think it'll just be a one game ban for Ellis! I thought it was a bit harsh, ball seemed to be going away from goal? Yellow would have been right.

A couple of covering defenders as well on the red card?

Back