• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Hanley Town

Andy

Too much time on my hands
Politics 5
Jul 28, 2013
How many are making the journey? Must win game.

Unsurprisingly not me I'm afraid, although I'll have everything glued to Twitter & live updates to keep in touch with progress. 1-0 in the last minute will do fine of course, although I'm not sure it'll do my nerves much good :D

COY1874:scarf:

Won't be there due to training, however I will be straight to twitter once I have finished. Could be the longest training session of the season as I have no way of finding out match updates whilst I am there! COYG!!!

Played really well tonight against a dirty team. Matty Ward was man on the match, back to his best!

Great win tonight and a massive boost for our promotion hopes
Holker away on saturday now

Followed the updates tonight and delighted that we won. A huge win. Four points out of two tough games is a decent effort. Still very much in the fight. Up the 74!

... and an excellent attendance of 285. Guessing we had another big turnout down the M6

Reactions: Ben
Just back - no video for this as I wanted a shout for my team - it worked! Great first goal, piledriver freekick from Dave Short and cleaned up into the net by the effervescent Sakeel - what a signing he is turning into! Then some hefty response from the home side - good footballing side, Hanley, but they can let themselves down with their, shall we say, agricultural challenges - 5 bookings in the first half! They did offer a big threat though through the excellent Theo Stair but we kept it at 1-0 to HT.
Early second half exchanges led to a good sweeping move and the ever improving Ryan Mitchell clean through from the back to have his ankles clipped in the box and the ref pointing to the spot - penalty dispatched expertly by an otherwise off colour Stu Wellstead, still, he is our second highest goalscorer this season so he can't be that bad!;)
Then came our biggest lapse at the back to allow in the Hanley hitman Stair to reduce the deficit to 1 goal, big mix up and a ball that should have been cleared fell to the big lad and he rounded Conks and slotted home.
Then came the late match jitters as Joner was sent off for a second booking for the tug back of the Hanly no 12 - but we needn't have worried as it was '74 that then took the game to Hanley with Rick Bailey nearly grabbing a third for the greens in the closing moments only to see his cheeky dink scrape past the left hand post.
All in all a great three points and a double over a very combative Hanley side and also a great attendance of 285.

On to Saturday and back to my camera work!:scarf::scarf:

Reactions: Tez
I'm not saying Jones should not have been sent off,but how they ended up at the final whistle with eleven men on the pitch is beyond me.

Great effort last night. The promotion challenge lives on, albeit we're looking for the odd "snooker" if it goes down to the wire.

That was a very hard fought game,and in my opinion our best performance of the season,so my congratulation's to the manager and players they gave their all and kept their cool in a very hard game.Also the magnificent support of the fans.

That was a tough game and Hanley are a good side so to come away with the three points is fantastic. Again a real team performance and I thought that tactically we were excellent.

Hats off to strrety and the boys - looking forward to another tough test in the North on Saturday.

Back