• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Hanley Match

Andy

Too much time on my hands
Politics 5
Jul 28, 2013
What an entertaining game! How that finished 2-0 I’ll never know.

We look like we've really started to gel as a team last few weeks, especially at the back. Keeping hanley goaless is no easy challenge!

Thought Riley played well today - didn’t stop for 90 mins.

Another good win. We're really starting to click now and continuing to move up that league. Probably the two toughest games we'll play coming up but we're on a eight game winning streak, so bring the two Runcorn's on! :scarf:

Well deserved win tonight and thought that we looked solid all over the pitch, I think we obviously missed Scotty's movement and pace up front but credit to Kyle who worked hard and got a deserved goal, would like to see him playing at number 10 behind Scotty for the next couple of games (providing Scott is fit obviously)

I was a bit surprised to see kennerley on the bench and I would start him on Saturday and bench Hind and Parker (not easy to do considering their quality) but it would make our bench a lot stronger

Have to say you can't fault the lads at the minute great to see we have sorted out the problems we had at the back as well good management well done to Goody and Bowyer

Bench Parker? That’s a statement! Signing of the season.
I was just thinking that too, Andy. Parker has been class. You can't drop him.

I'm only saying that on the basis of putting Kyle behind Scott which would mean no place for Parker, I agree that on form it would be a difficult decision but sometimes you have to make those decisions

Parker needs to be on as he is playing well. It would be nice to see scotty and Kyle working together.

I'm only saying that on the basis of putting Kyle behind Scott which would mean no place for Parker, I agree that on form it would be a difficult decision but sometimes you have to make those decisions

Have to say in this instance Josh mate, thank god its Bo and Goody making those decisions and not you!

Parker has been outstanding this season, and is a crucial part of that midfield 3 with God himself and Woolley.

Last night's performance was brilliant all round though, and thought Kyle more than deserved his goal. Don't know many that could finish so deftly with their knee/shin :D.

Then the only way to get him and Kyle in the team is to play a back three, Jacko and Connor at wing backs a midfield three of Woolley, God and Parker with Kyle and Scotty up front, but then you have the problem of who the third central defender will be alongside Mitch and Pritchard

Not a bad shout, Josh. Guess it would be one of DT, Lever and Meads.

That said, you'd still be leaving out Adam and Taylor and Sam. Glad Wayne and Paul are the managers and not me!

What I hadn't realised last night that a win for Hanley would have put them top of the league.
This squad must be the best we have had they keep on going from strength to strength.
God knows where they will have taken us by the end of the season.

Next few games will be telling, particularly how we fare against Linnets and Town on Saturday and Wednesday respectively.

One thing on our side for both is current form.

Great result and well done. No mean achievement keeping Hanley at bay!

This side thrives on pace and no small mount of skill, therefore, I quite like the ‘usual’ set up of the three causing havoc up front, Parker (the find of the season so far), pulling the strings (certainly not warming the bench!), and Kyle in his role of bit player.
Given the amount of games left to fit in I can see a few ‘experiments’ with the squad in the coming weeks!
Onwards to Sat.......:D.

Last edited:
Then the only way to get him and Kyle in the team is to play a back three, Jacko and Connor at wing backs a midfield three of Woolley, God and Parker with Kyle and Scotty up front, but then you have the problem of who the third central defender will be alongside Mitch and Pritchard

If we played with a back 3, my preferred choice would be Mitch, DT and Jack Pritchard with Connors and Jacko the wing backs. My midfield 3 would be Matt , Mark and Sam. The front 2 would be Scott and Jake, no question about that. That would be some team, with Adam and Taylor on the subs bench and to come on by reverting to a 442 or 451 if necessary should we need to change things around. But hey, I am not the manager!

I must say how much I enjoyed the game last night. It is always good to get a win against Hanley Town. What a bunch of cloggers they are and always moaning to the ref. I thought poor Sam hind came in for some dreadful stick from the Hanley players during the 2nd half, but credit to Sam that he kept his cool. Big shout out to Kyle Riley - I thought he played his best game for us last night, but we need to learn to play to his strengths. Great penalty by Matt. Pity he didn't take the first one. Why does Adam take all the free kicks and corners?

I am looking forward to the next 3 away games . All 3 should be crackers. We have no team to fear in this league and we are due a win at Runcorn Linnetts on Saturday. See you all there. Up the 74

Why does Adam take all the free kicks and corners?

Because he’s probably the best at them.

Could see after the penalty miss he probably tried a little too hard to make up for it at times, but in my opinion more than made up for it with the superb cross for the first goal.

In recent games we’ve kept Tom Bailey and Theo Stair goaless - think they’re doing quite alright!!!

Back