• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Hanley 0-1

Couldn’t attend due to health reasons but sounds like if I did I would of left with more health concerns.

Ibeto came on at rb earlier this year

To me that is a big overreaction but your entitled to feel how you want, when your confidence is shattered pretty much anything can go wrong but that isn't a reflection on the ability if these players, Chakwana looks lively and is a handful out wide as is Issac when fully match fit and not playing at full back, Joel is always making runs but doesn't receive a pass and so has to then drop deep to get a touch of the ball, Oli McFadyen looks so much more threatening when he's in a central position but we put him out wide, we're not dictating the play and so can't get these players into the game to a level that can give us a chance of winning a game which as I said comes from a lack of physicality in midfield
We’ve not won a game for five months and just four all season.

We’ve not scored a league goal at home for nearly three months.

We’ve been dreadful for more than a year and nowhere near good enough.

I’ve endured every single game with the exception of one in the league this season and will keep going regardless. So think the least I’m entitled to is to say what I think. Last I’ll say on this thread though.

Definitely no overreaction though.

Last edited:
Totally agree with you Ben. I too have faithfully watched most games home and away and am unable to think of one match that was worth watching. It’s been painstakingly awful.
I shall endeavour to go to the remaining games this season but if something is not done over the next few weeks or the summer I don’t know where we will be.

I think considering how bad we have been for so long, our support has been consistent and higher than I’d expect for a team who last won in October 2023. Im 100% sure if other clubs in our league were in our situation their crowds would be well under 170…

Our fans are brilliant and I hope for every single one of us who support no matter what, that better times are ahead.
That’s what’s annoying to be honest. With the comps I counted over 200 last night ….there are at least 4 clubs in our league with a lot less support than us. We do have great support BUT it is dwindling and relegation will only reduce it further. The novelty factor we had 10 years ago has now gone… the only way we attract new fans is success on the pitch at the highest level possible which I believe is the NPL west. Had we appointed the right manager a few months ago I think we would be comfortably 300 plus and 400 plus on better days etc. The midland league will be a challenge and 200 plus gates regularly will be difficult. I hope I’m wrong but on last nights showing we will struggle to compete in the midland league. Time to have a clear out and reignite the club I think.

That’s what’s annoying to be honest. With the comps I counted over 200 last night ….there are at least 4 clubs in our league with a lot less support than us. We do have great support BUT it is dwindling and relegation will only reduce it further. The novelty factor we had 10 years ago has now gone… the only way we attract new fans is success on the pitch at the highest level possible which I believe is the NPL west. Had we appointed the right manager a few months ago I think we would be comfortably 300 plus and 400 plus on better days etc. The midland league will be a challenge and 200 plus gates regularly will be difficult. I hope I’m wrong but on last nights showing we will struggle to compete in the midland league. Time to have a clear out and reignite the club I think.
We just need a complete fresh start, a new squad and ideas to follow and buy in to. The interest in 1874 Northwich is there, boxing day showed this.

Sometimes dropping down a league and rebuilding is whats needed and can be the best thing to happen to a club.

This is something that I have an issue with is the talk about attendances going down, I might be being nieve here but why does that necessarily need to happen??, yes we might lose a few who only jump on the bandwagon when things are going well but I would like to think and hope that the vast majority of our fans will still be with us next season and will understand that we'll need as much money as possible coming into the club next season in order to help us build and sustain a solid squad to compete in this league when we do come back up, I get that this has been a really bad season but now is the time to support the club moving forward and not to walk away and sulk, sorry if that sounds blunt to some people but its honestly the truth....

We haven't scored at home in 2024.
Last home goal was against Witton on Boxing Day.
We're the 2nd lowest scoring side in all top 8 levels of English football. We're only 2 better off than Erith & Belvedere who are lowest.

Please stick Fenton up front...

Last edited:
This is something that I have an issue with is the talk about attendances going down, I might be being nieve here but why does that necessarily need to happen??, yes we might lose a few who only jump on the bandwagon when things are going well but I would like to think and hope that the vast majority of our fans will still be with us next season and will understand that we'll need as much money as possible coming into the club next season in order to help us build and sustain a solid squad to compete in this league when we do come back up, I get that this has been a really bad season but now is the time to support the club moving forward and not to walk away and sulk, sorry if that sounds blunt to some people but its honestly the truth....
It's a fact , people will vote with their feet if they don't like what they see.
From what I've read, the quality of football you've watched this season hasnt been good and youve scored no home goals since Boxing day against us. That speaks volumes and will certainly dictate if people stay away.

It's a fact , people will vote with their feet if they don't like what they see.
From what I've read, the quality of football you've watched this season hasnt been good and youve scored no home goals since Boxing day against us. That speaks volumes and will certainly dictate if people stay away.
Absolutely hit the nail on the head. And what makes it worse is a lot of people could see it coming a mile off from last season. Yet it was allowed to continue and has brought us to this moment (it could have been avoided).

A complete rebuild in the summer is needed and fresh impetus - we’re going to need experience and willingness to attack - people have already shown they don’t want to watch drab week in week out. And when I say a rebuild, I mean a proper one not the narrative of “we’ve lost a couple of players so that’s why we’re in this position”… A proper rebuild, looking at being rid of the dead wood and a manager coming in, in the summer who can start on a clean slate and be able to properly build their own team with the league and form tables being a level playing field, not inheriting a team bereft of confidence already dropping alarmingly.

Reactions: Ben
Our attendances over the past 3 years have been generally consistent.
Last season's average was bolstered by two 800+ crowds vs Witton & Macclesfield.
This season we had 1,000+ on Boxing Day, a league & ground record for us.

Our lower attendances have mainly been on Tuesday nights and the lowest was a rearranged game.

1874 average league attendances
21/22: 281
22/23: 346 (Without Witton & Mac: 286)
23/24: 310 (16 games) (Without Witton): 262

We still have 3 home games. Newcastle Town is being promoted for Easter Saturday. Clitheroe are challenging for playoffs. Linnets will have made the playoffs by the final game of the season.

Attendances vs Linnets were 645 in 21/22 (New Year's Day) & 440 in 22/23.

Our average attendance this season could end up being the highest we've had in the 3 years in the NPL West.

People keep saying that people will vote / talk with their feet where, in fact, it's actually made a negligible difference.

How many you bringing to WP?
For a derby match I imagine we’d bring a fair few regardless of our situation.

Hopefully it’s not our last league derby against you lot for a while. An awful lot of work to do for that not to be the case.

In terms of attendances next season, I think it’s important we do well or they will drop. I can’t imagine many teams take many away in the Midlands which quite a few times has boosted our gates in this league.

Will also be interesting to see what admission prices are considering the drop to a lower level.

Last edited:
We've conceded 67 in 31 games. Again nothing to brag about.
3 points in a derby at Christmas is always very festive.
Joking aside the constant struggle to attract fans is a worry.
Before Christmas we were struggling, but a turn around in form and a run of results helped.
Midweek fixtures never attract people with so much football on TV. It frustrates me no end when the league insist on fixtures being played after a postponement within a certain time period.
We've had 2 free Saturdays this year yet we were made to play a game Midweek in December after a postponement.
It baffles me why

I admire your loyalty Josh but the simple fact is that fans need to have confidence in the club as a whole if they are to continue to watch the games and support it financially. The decline has been rapid and of mammoth proportions looking at the standard on Tues night. The club have made huge mistakes in the last few months which has caused the decline. It will take time to rebuild the team … with the right personnel which won’t be easy to find. In the meantime gates will suffer… that is inevitable sadly

Last edited:
Reactions: Ben
Fully understand that but then you can't complain when you don't have a club left to support, and those that walk away I can garentee you will be the first to jump back on the bandwagon again when things are going well....

Last edited:
Back