• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Hanley 0-1

Bang on edge no lack of effort but when was the last shot on target we had, I can't remember but maybe vauxhall, not sure what else to say.

Bang on edge no lack of effort but when was the last shot on target we had, I can't remember but maybe vauxhall, not sure what else to say.
The only time we've looked like scoring in the last two is when Fenton went up top - and both games that's only been for injury time. We need goals!!!

Very poor standard game tonight, the lowest level I can recall to be honest at 74. It is alarming the rate of the current decline….I really fear for us next season in what will be a very tough league. So sad when only a few months back we had opportunities to stabilise our club at this level. I’ve never walked off a ground with so many disillusioned greens.

A really sorry performance tonight. Unfortunately I feel Saturday’s loss to Hednesford was the final nail in our coffin.

Don’t think we managed a single shot tonight at all. The effort is clearly there and lads like Joel Jones are running themselves in to the ground trying to pick up points and try to turn our fortunes around. They deserve a win before the seasons over.

We just have to keep showing up and supporting our club, and hope for better times ahead.

Up the ‘74 💚

Last edited:
We are just a team playing without any sort of confidence in anything that we do, the weird part for me is that when I see our forward options like Jones, Chakwana, McFadyen, Noble & Nicholson I think that there is definitely potential goals there but for me our problems are clearly in central midfield as we can't get on the ball long enough to be able to create anything for our forward players, aside from Woolley, McCann & Sodhi can anyone name another CM option that we have? (I know Ibeto has been playing there and doing well but it's not a natural position for him), we badly need a couple of tough tackling physical CM players to get us on the ball and help us control games

I don’t share any of your optimism I’m afraid, Josh.

For me, most of the squad isn’t good enough and I’m not convinced would be at Midland League level either.

We need a new manager (and the right one) in for the summer and a complete rebuild if we want next season to be anything resembling a success. Just look at how much Vics have struggled. We need to be prepared and ready on and off the pitch.

Any new manager has a big job on their hands. Let’s not kid ourselves. We are a real mess and the worst we’ve been since we formed in my view. It really is a sad state of affairs and our decline has been alarming.

That was depressing last night. I’m embarrassed to bring anyone with me to games right now as they wouldn’t want to come back and that’s the problem. Good luck getting any more to watch us against Newcastle at Easter. A woeful performance and in front of just 170 people. That could get a lot lower if we’re not careful.

Last edited:

For me, most of the squad isn’t good enough and I’m not convinced would be at Midland League level either.

We need a new manager (and the right one) in for the summer and a complete rebuild if we want next season to be anything resembling a success. Just look at how much Vics have struggled. We need to be prepared and ready on and off the pitch.

Any new manager has a big job on their hands. Let’s not kid ourselves. We are a real mess and the worst we’ve been since we formed in my view. It really is a sad state of affairs and our decline has been alarming.

That was depressing last night. I’m embarrassed to bring anyone with me to games right now as they wouldn’t want to come back and that’s the problem. Good luck getting any more to watch us against Newcastle at Easter. A woeful performance and in front of just 170 people. That could get a lot lower if we’re not careful.
I think considering how bad we have been for so long, our support has been consistent and higher than I’d expect for a team who last won in October 2023. Im 100% sure if other clubs in our league were in our situation their crowds would be well under 170…

Our fans are brilliant and I hope for every single one of us who support no matter what, that better times are ahead.

Last edited:
I think considering how bad we have been for so long, our support has been consistent and higher than I’d expect for a team who last won in October 2023. Im 100% sure if other clubs in our league were in our situation their crowds would be well under 170…

Our fans are brilliant and I hope for every single one of us who support no matter what that better times are ahead.
It's also worth noting that it was a rearranged game and so some people wouldn't have been aware it was happening

We are just a team playing without any sort of confidence in anything that we do, the weird part for me is that when I see our forward options like Jones, Chakwana, McFadyen, Noble & Nicholson I think that there is definitely potential goals there but for me our problems are clearly in central midfield as we can't get on the ball long enough to be able to create anything for our forward players, aside from Woolley, McCann & Sodhi can anyone name another CM option that we have? (I know Ibeto has been playing there and doing well but it's not a natural position for him), we badly need a couple of tough tackling physical CM players to get us on the ball and help us control games
Michael Ibeto has not played centre midfield for us ever.

To me that is a big overreaction but your entitled to feel how you want, when your confidence is shattered pretty much anything can go wrong but that isn't a reflection on the ability if these players, Chakwana looks lively and is a handful out wide as is Issac when fully match fit and not playing at full back, Joel is always making runs but doesn't receive a pass and so has to then drop deep to get a touch of the ball, Oli McFadyen looks so much more threatening when he's in a central position but we put him out wide, we're not dictating the play and so can't get these players into the game to a level that can give us a chance of winning a game which as I said comes from a lack of physicality in midfield

Back