• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Grounds visited

Vicki England

Too much time on my hands
1874 Official
Jul 31, 2013
A few weeks ago, I started to think about the various grounds that I had visited over the years with Vics & 1874. So I did a real saddo thing and put them into a spreadsheet! Whilst I didn't get to many away venues when Vics were in the Conference, I always vowed to at least make two new grounds each season, plus all the local ones (Alty, Macc, Runcorn and over to the 'Dark side' of town).

This season, I have visited 12 new grounds already and my current count is 98 in total. Therefore 100 should be Rochdale, unless there's a replay in the NWCFL Cup against Hanley which would mean that my century would be achieved in Flixton!

I wondered what everyone elses record looked like? Anyone on 200 ish?!

There is a app on facebook that lists all football grounds and you just tick them,i did have mine done but lost login so going do it again,app is called Football ground map for those interested see who has visited the most and no cheating.:D

Just re-done mine and up to 223 but could not find couple like eastwood hanley who we played in cup one time..

I refereed at Eastwood a very long time ago.I never kept count how many grounds I have been on(refereeing and watching and playing)but it must be a lot.Does anyone remember Preswich Heys and Guinness Exports.

Just been totaling up the grounds I have been too, considering I'm only 17 I think 57 grounds is a good effort, plenty more to come!

Toddy, I played at Prestwich Heys! a long time ago probably around 1978-79 ish !!

As I remember Prestwich Heys were an amateur club who had some good runs in the F.A.Amateur Cup,are the still playing?.

Yes, Toddy. They are in the Manchester League, although they are on a different ground.

Here's how you might have remember the old ground, circa 1987

Prestwich Heys.JPG

Excellent Andy. I'm fairly sure I played for ICL in a cup match there in the late 70,s

There is a app on facebook that lists all football grounds and you just tick them,i did have mine done but lost login so going do it again,app is called Football ground map for those interested see who has visited the most and no cheating.:D

Is it my dodgy eyesight or is 1874 not listed in "team I support"?

"Just re-done mine and up to 223 but could not find couple like eastwood hanley who we played in cup on time."

Can't match that but just scraped over 200. Here are some more that are not listed (Vics visited them all) - some where both ground and club have long since disappeared. Enderby Town (neutral ground 2nd replay in FAT @1981) Sandbach Ramblers, Halesowen Harriers, Colne Dynamoes, Weymouth's old ground by the docks, Hednesford's old ground - The Cross Keys(?) and Gateshead's old ground when they were in the league - we flew there remember? Does the ground on Moss Farm count - ICI Alkili(?) played there?
The pitches at Eastwood Hanley are still used for kids games but the ground as such was a wreck last time I heard. Trentmill Lane off Leek Rd near Hanley. You can see it on google maps. can anyone remember if we played at both Aylesbury grounds? Went there twice in quick succession and I think the first trip was the old ground.
Doing that brought back a lot of memories of covering thousands of miles with Pete Wilson.

As far as i remember we only played at old Aylesbury ground but could be wrong,Great minds think alike pete was just thinking bet only one person could blow us out of the water with grounds visited and thats the late Pete wilson.

As far as i remember we only played at old Aylesbury ground but could be wrong,Great minds think alike pete was just thinking bet only one person could blow us out of the water with grounds visited and thats the late Pete wilson.
I clearly remember the new one so must have been to both! 1st 1 a cup tie second was a league game. Their new ground was/is a crib of Wincham Park.

I refereed at Eastwood a very long time ago.I never kept count how many grounds I have been on(refereeing and watching and playing)but it must be a lot.Does anyone remember Preswich Heys and Guinness Exports.

Eastwood Town.
Is this the same team which joined the Mid Cheshire League in the 1960s?

Prestwich Heys.
In the 1960s they were a leading light in the Manchester League, when I Refereed them in an F.A. Cup game they played on a pitch attached to a Sports Area like Moss Farm to the rear of the Shopping Centre at Whitefield, a "Mud Heap". I think they may have joined the Cheshire County League after the formation of the Northern Premier League?

Guinness Export.
Another ground I Refereed at a number of times when they were in the Cheshire County League. Their ground was at Town Green, just on the Liverpool side of Ormskirk. Guinness Export were not part of the Brewing Group, I think they were an Engineering Company, Albert Dunlop, the ex Everton Goal Keeper had a spell as their Manager.

Do any of you remember going to Dulwich Hamlet and Harlow.

Do any of you remember going to Dulwich Hamlet and Harlow.
I recall going to Harlow. I think it was in the FA Trophy and the Vics won 2 or 3 nil with a fair few travelling from Cheshire. When was it ?

I can also recall going to Eastwood Hanley - did super hero Kenny Jones score a late equaliser

Vics played at Harlow in the F.A.Trophy 2rd 0n 31 Jan 1981 winning 1-0 (John Anderson scoring)the gate was 672.

Back