• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Ground?

Scroll through the photos to see who's been playing there.......might be a blessing in disguise that it's in Kelsall ;)

Been there a few times over the years. A really good basic facility (with a flat pitch) would be a great start for us but probably a bit out of the way as has been said. Probably better than what Barton had a couple of years ago....and it's a very good price !!!!

Fellas, I wasn't suggested it be considered or bought. If anything it highlights that actually, it may not cost as much to acquire something similar if the opportunity arrives closer to where we want to be. The difficulty is this opportunity is not likely to present itself anytime soon, if at all as I cannot think of any comparative possibilities.

There's something quite similar in Winnington......has two pitches, a small sided pitch and an old club house......currently owned I believe by CWAC..

Just to let you know that the pitch on this site is 7.5 yds shorter than Winsford and 5 yards narrower. That's quite a difference.

Don't know if there is land around it to make it bigger though. Academic really as I agree it needs to be in the Northwich boundary.

By the way the Barton Stadium pitch is almost the same size as the late Upton Park in the Premier League.

Think too many are taking the initial post too serious!. Sure nik was just showing what might be available for a reasonable price not suggesting we buy it and move to kelsall.

The Field of Dreams has been used for many years for Junior football including a team from Vics juniors. Not sure an adult team has ever used it. But clearly too far out if area for us.

The Field of Dreams has been used for many years for Junior football including a team from Vics juniors. Not sure an adult team has ever used it. But clearly too far out if area for us.

There've been adult sunday league teams that have used the pitch, but it is predominantly used by junior teams, Tarvin usually, maybe Vicars Cross from time to time, but that's about it. Don't recall vics junior teams using it much.

As Blackie has said, Nik isn't really being serious, but pointing out what prices there are for available land, granted there is probably a difference between rural land and town land.

There is land around at prices that are within our range. Question is, can we see past the holy grail of Moss Farm?

http://www.uklandandfarms.co.uk/rural-property-for-sale/north-west/cheshire/5999_100900025801/

Rural land is bound to be cheaper than land nearer to towns if I'm right. Admittedly I am no expert in this sort of thing, but more demand for the same thing = higher price as a rule of thumb. Don't suppose anyone has a good idea as to what prices there are in and around the Northwich area? I assume Moss Farm won't be cheap, even in its current state.

It has been used by Tarvin and more recently Kelsall FC in the Chester League, which is a Saturday league. I saw a Kelsall game there in 2015. It is definitely up to Cheshire League Standard, The farmer who owns the land also hosts a big truck show every June.

Forget about Moss Farm - that development will never happen. The land is owned by CWAC. They cannot be seen to be favouring 1 sports club over other sporting clubs, from football or other sports.
Plus, any planning proposal would have to go through council, and who is the elected representative whose borough encompasses Moss Farm? Sam Naylor, former Northwich Rugby Chariman, who have their own plans for the site.
However, there is land on Winnington Avenue available.

Barratt have said all land on winnington avenue is going to them and other housing developers.

Back