• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Grand Football Quiz - Thursday 5th October at The Beer Festival at Barnton Cricket Club.

Alan Riding

Too much time on my hands
Jul 31, 2013
Grand Football Quiz

I just thought I would let everyone know the format for the Football Quiz to be held at the Beer Festival on Thursday the 5th October 2023. I am looking to start at 8.00pm, so if everyone can be assembled between 7.30 – 7.45 we can then give the answer sheets out and collect the money.

The cost will be £1.00 per person with teams of 4-6 people. All the quiz money will go to the club and Barnton CC as the winning prize will be provided by club sponsor Chemiteq Limited. Please remember this is for fun and to raise money.

As well as the quiz there will be a half time 50-50. This will cost £2.00 per entry and half of the proceeds will go to the club and Barnton CC and half will be prize money to the winner. The theme of the 50-50 will be a “typical Riff Raff awayday”. There will be a one-off question and the nearest to the answer will win. You can purchase as many guesses as you want!

As a flavour for the evening quiz, there will be a picture round and 3 further rounds before half time. We will then go through the first half answers to find out the half time scores. After the 50-50, there will be another picture round, two further rounds and a special final round which will end the quiz and where everyone can join in together with their voices!

All the questions will be on football; from Non-League through to the Premier League and from the Champions League through to the World Cup. There will be no Walking Football questions!

I am sure it will be great fun, especially as the beer flows from the festival and with me on the mike! Please enjoy and remember the club benefits from each entry and every pint purchased!!

Thanks for your continued support.

Alan

Grand Football Quiz

I just thought I would let everyone know the format for the Football Quiz to be held at the Beer Festival on Thursday the 5th October 2023. I am looking to start at 8.00pm, so if everyone can be assembled between 7.30 – 7.45 we can then give the answer sheets out and collect the money.

The cost will be £1.00 per person with teams of 4-6 people. All the quiz money will go to the club and Barnton CC as the winning prize will be provided by club sponsor Chemiteq Limited. Please remember this is for fun and to raise money.

As well as the quiz there will be a half time 50-50. This will cost £2.00 per entry and half of the proceeds will go to the club and Barnton CC and half will be prize money to the winner. The theme of the 50-50 will be a “typical Riff Raff awayday”. There will be a one-off question and the nearest to the answer will win. You can purchase as many guesses as you want!

As a flavour for the evening quiz, there will be a picture round and 3 further rounds before half time. We will then go through the first half answers to find out the half time scores. After the 50-50, there will be another picture round, two further rounds and a special final round which will end the quiz and where everyone can join in together with their voices!

All the questions will be on football; from Non-League through to the Premier League and from the Champions League through to the World Cup. There will be no Walking Football questions!

I am sure it will be great fun, especially as the beer flows from the festival and with me on the mike! Please enjoy and remember the club benefits from each entry and every pint purchased!!

Thanks for your continued support.

Alan
Looking forward to it.

But sorry to be picky, but wouldn’t a team of 6 have a greater chance of winning than a team of four?

So maybe a solution might be to determine the winners by dividing the score of each team by the number of members in each team (ie very similar to a PPG basis)!

Looking forward to it.

But sorry to be picky, but wouldn’t a team of 6 have a greater chance of winning than a team of four?

So maybe a solution might be to determine the winners by dividing the score of each team by the number of members in each team (ie very similar to a PPG basis)!
James, it's for fun! if it means that much you desperately need to find 2 more friends!

Can I remind everyone to get to the quiz early to ensure you get seats together and that we start on time. Also can you make sure you have a pen and lots of change.

Really looking forward to it, it will be good fun.

Thanks again

Alan

Can I remind everyone to get to the quiz early to ensure you get seats together and that we start on time. Also can you make sure you have a pen and lots of change.

Thanks again

Alan
Do we need to print our own picture round as well? Supply the pens!

Well you should know my now that Alan is tighter than a duck’s chuff!

Surprised he’s not asking us to bring our own paper!

Thanks again

Alan
A really great night Alan. Hugely enjoyable 👍. Thanks for organising it!

Can I just thank everyone who turned up at the Beer Festival last night and took part in the Football quiz. I haven't laughed so much for ages! I'm sure everyone enjoyed it.

It was a great success and I will do it again somewhere, maybe in the Spring. We raised over £100 for 1874 and the Cricket club not including our share of the beer that was consumed. There was a great selection of beer and top class from the Cricket Club.

A hoarse voice this morning after shouting my way through the questions but well worth it.

Thanks again. See everyone tomorrow!!

I now know how it feels to be robbed by VAR or at least the equivalent -- Blue is the Colour was the Rent Boys ( sorry if offended anyone , yawn) Chelsea song for 1970 cup final v Leeds yet Alan Neil Midgeley Riding produced photographic evidence it and insisted it was 1972 .
..... well done though Neil

Back