• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

GNE

If Glossop win their games between now and next Saturday then they will win the title and next Monday's game when we play them will have no bearing. Hopefully they may rest a few players with one eye on the Vase final ;)

In this day and age you would hope that a manager would think at least twice before expressing views like this in such a public context, especially when he's objecting to others using social media. Did he really think this wouldn't find its way out into the wider world? Premiership managers etc get hauled before the FA for less (not that I am suggesting that such a response is helpful, either)

Maybe Tony, but I can see where he is coming from with some of it. Maybe the two "non sendings off" were karma from our game there ;)

Can't help but wonder if there's a dig at 1874 in that rant.

Comments on Social Media are all part and parcel of the non league 'banter', seems a wee bit hypocritical when a manager gets involved with such comments on Twitter etc, as if they have any influence over fans democratic rights to voice their personal views and opinions, especially when they have the option not to read them.

Maybe he should find a managerial job in a country that has no democratic right to freedom of expression, choice or speech such as the aptly named Moranbong Sports Club from North Korea.

:rolleyes:

Last edited:
No I don't think there was any dig at us at all. As far as I can make out, Runcorn Town, AFC 'pool, Colne and Glossop are the clubs in mind.

I'll-judged comments and in the cold light of day the programme editor at the very least should accept culpability for not editing it in part perhaps?

Not sure Tez - look at the bits about other fan-run clubs who have been to Linnets for advice. Just a bit confused - can't remember "vitriol and bile" coming from our side ...

There have been comments from some of our fans (Myself included) who are on favour of a GNE promotion but that is and remains a personal opinion and in no way "vitriol and bile" towards Linnets.

Back