• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

GNE

josh89

Too much time on my hands
Jul 27, 2013
Surely now have won the league after they nicked 3 points against Abbey Hey and Linnets drew 1-1 with Runcorn Town

You'd think so but with the following fixtures in such a small space of time..

Wed 08/04/15AFC Liverpool
Thu 09/04/15St Helens Town
Sat 11/04/15Barnoldswick Town
Mon 13/04/15Runcorn Town
Wed 15/04/15Silsden
Sat 18/04/15Nelson
Mon 20/04/151874 Northwich
Wed 22/04/15Runcorn Town
Sat 25/04/15Runcorn Linnets

Anything is possible

Look at Linnets last four though:

Sat 11/04/15 Ashton Athletic H 15:00
Sat 18/04/15 West Didsbury & Chorlton A 15:00
Tue 21/04/15 Colne A 19:45
Sat 25/04/15 Glossop North End H 15:00

I can easily see them dropping points against Ashton, Colne or Glossop.

Glossop need 19 points from 27 to win the league, even if Linnets win them all.

It also means that if Linnets and Glossop win them all, then they would be looking for a point against us to win the league.

Look at Linnets last four though:

Sat 11/04/15 Ashton Athletic H 15:00
Sat 18/04/15 West Didsbury & Chorlton A 15:00
Tue 21/04/15 Colne A 19:45
Sat 25/04/15 Glossop North End H 15:00

I can easily see them dropping points against Ashton, Colne or Glossop.

Glossop need 19 points from 27 to win the league, even if Linnets win them all.

It also means that if Linnets and Glossop win them all, then they would be looking for a point against us to win the league.
Linnets defence won't like facing Colne and in particular Danny Boyle. Glossop have a massive amount still to do but they don't look like stopping any time soon!

Last game of the season will be a sell out at the Millbank!

I don't think Glossop can be stopped now. They're not only proving themselves as the best team in this league but also one of the best sides countrywide at this level.

And deserved to, but I have seen them 4 times since them and have a bigger squad and know how to finish teams off. At both Winsford and Congleton where I saw a pretty even first half the second halves were no contest.

I just hope when we go there later this month we take the game to them and score first. We can beat anyone at this level on our day, just ask Bishop Auckland, an outstanding performance in the Vase.

I think when we play GNE we have to relish it and really test ourselves as we want to be at the top next year.
I do think we can beat anyone on our day but I would take a draw against GNE

Doing the double over them would be pretty good :)

Brillant gesture by Glossop tonight letting fans in for only a pound after there hetic season should be decent attendance for there game with ST Helens tonight

Tonight, local companies have paid the admission for over 500 fans to attend for nothing. The companies have been pledging on twitter all day starting with the first 50 and then eventually reaching over 500.

Will be interesting to see the attendance. I assume they still have to count the numbers through the turnstiles no matter who pays for them.

Great gesture from the companies and the by club reducing the price. Guaranteed crowd to cheer you on, and buying pies and beer! Winner,winner!!

Final figure was 520 in for free at tonight's game where they are 3-0 up at half time!

Wonder if they all turned up? We'll see the attendance later.

Wouldn't be surprised if GNE have it all wrapped up by the time we play them

I think GNE have definitely slowed down a fair bit with all the games that they have had to play but have been doing enough to get the wins whereas linnets appear to have lost the plot slightly

Back