• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Furniture removal help needed?

Tony Fallows

I Live Here
Aug 1, 2013
I have a heavy (200Kgs) upright piano that I need removed from my house and dumped or given away. It would need three big guys and a set of wheels to move it to a vehicle for transportation, does any of you know any local lads that might be able to help me?

I will of course pay them for their time and efforts.

Its always worth going on social media (facebook), there are groups set up called give it don't bin it. where if someone wants it they will come and get it. you won't have too worry about getting rid off an item.

The Sue Ryder charity shop opposite the Halifax in Witton Street will I am sure collect it to sell in their shop you just give them a donation.i have seen pianos in the shop before. The charity was founded by Sue Ryder who I think was the widow of Leonard Cheshire VC who was a WW2 RAF pilot

Care homes is another option if its a serviceable piano. We had to get rid of ours a few years ago and had a queue of them offering to take it. (But then down here is care-home land)

200 kg piano ok so now i am wondering how did you even got it where ever it is lol

A couple of big boys and a trolley which damaged the parquet flooring and that is why I want rid of it before I repair the damage.

you can post it online with the terms that who ever buys it will have to take it away them selves

Back