• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Formby vs 1874

1874Craig

Legend
Jul 27, 2013
Tomorrow see's 1874's biggest match of the season and most likely the biggest match of our clubs short history so far, and I just wanted to say before the match tomorrow that I am very proud of all the players/staff/supporters/owners of our fine club. (No matter what the result is tomorrow.)

So I say we get as many 1874 supporters down there tomorrow, (Bring a friend for a day out) and sing our hearts out for the players and cheer them on no matter what!.

CORG!!!!!!!!

Agreed lets hope we travel in numbers tomorrow.

Great if we could attract 150-200, all singing, chanting and clapping...... COYG'S

Just one point, we as supporters need to leave their players and the officials alone in our support today. I know it is difficult to hold back emotions, but last time we were there their players thrived on the goads from the crowd. Also believe it or not the league has appointed the same referee as the cup game there which we lost. I'll say no more about that point, you can make your own mind up as to how prudent that is given all that went on!

I've just been corrected by Mark, apparently it is not the league that appoint the refs, it's the local FA. Lancashire in this case. The point is still the same though.

The update & chat page is up and running now - http://1874forum.co.uk/pages/Match_Updates/

If you logon via twitter or Facebook then your comments will be automatically posted. The login button is next to where you add comments.
Otherwise there will probably be delay as Alan will be at the match, Ted is "working" and I'm at a birthday party!

Totally agree with Alan. All season I have felt that opposition players have thrived on our big crowd and raised games. We need to fully support the boys 100% and if possible ignore the opposition. Appreciate that is easier said than done. Whatever the result today, we have had a fantastic season and we should remember that.

I'll be there with my dad and sister. Can't wait!

Nil, nil....
Too many long punts up field for my liking, we played with 2 wide men, yet punt it long down the middle, at every opportunity, which would be fine if we had runners past Brandon, but we dont, out of our hands now...

Nil, nil....
Too many long punts up field for my liking, we played with 2 wide men, yet punt it long down the middle, at every opportunity, which would be fine if we had runners past Brandon, but we dont, out of our hands now...
Would agree that we could have got Sakky and Daley into the game more than they did but I can understand the conservative approach considering the fact so much was at stake for both sides today. Like Andy said, a draw would be a good result in normal circumstances.

I think we need to be realistic and acknowledge that in our FIRST ever season, we're still in with a shout of promotion and the effort from the lads, management and fans has been terrific from the moment the first ball was kicked in August.

Great result formby look dead on there feet and I don't think they fancy a trip to holker on bank holiday Monday also colls next sat
win our games and we will be up believe

Agree the final balls today were very poor and we needed to get the wingers in the game more.
However fantastic achievement to be where we are.
Support was excellent in both numbers and noise.
We done to all and just hope Formby drop points.
See you all Monday.

Reactions: Tez
What an atmosphere today, what a season overall though, 12 months ago, we didn't even have a manager and now we're on the brink of promotion!

I was with Ian and the players after the game and whilst they were gutted not to have won the game they wanted to thank the fantastic support from the fans today - they really appreciated the amount of noise generated and the support that was given to them.
They know,like us all,that is now up to us to win our last two games and for our friends at Holker and/or Atherton Colls to hopefully do us a favour.

We have now gone 13 games unbeaten in the league (11 wins and 2 draws) and that is good going by anyone's standards.

I agree within most comments above and would add that the difficult playing surface didn't help either side but to be fair both teams gave it their best to keep 250+ fans on the edge!

I thought the lads gave everything today, but just came up short in the creative stakes. We had by far the majority of the game but had few clear chances. Having said that Conkie made some great catches but was not really troubled with shots on goal.

For me Ryan Stewart was 100% today showing how much it meant. Couldn't believe he was subbed. Again Matty Ward worked his socks off.

Welstead surely can't be in the team for Mondays game. Tries but gets nowhere, and the end product is so disappointing. Our overall delivery from corners and free kicks was well short of what's expected. Too many not getting past the first defender and into injury time why the free kick was not put into the danger area I'll never know.

The game was really exciting and frustrating, and it seemed only one team wanted to win.

Great support from the away following, maybe if we had gone behind the goals in the second half we could have sucked the ball in!!

All is not lost yet, see you all on Monday.

Formby have to go to Holker on Monday - no gimme that one! And they finish at home to Colls next Saturday. IF we can get 2 wins on Monday and Thursday it will no doubt be down to our good friends at Colls to do us a favour - who's up for a crazy gang return to Burscough next week to cheer on the Colls!!!??

Back