• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Formby fc v Hanley town NWCFL DIV 1 CUP FINAL

Formby win on pens. Let's hope they celebrate long and hard! ;)

Just got back from the game. Would be fair to say that the best team, did not win.

Notice there was 291 at the game where did they get them from

It's still going to be a really tough game tomorrow against Formby, they will be up for it no matter how long they played last night. Remember Wednesday against a 'tired' Leek CSOB where we laboured to a win? I agree there was a lot resting on the result so there was a huge amount of pressure on the boys, but that's no excuse for an overall poor showing. There will be even greater pressure on the boys this Saturday and I hope they can channel this pressure and thrive off it.

The pleasing thing is that even though we haven't been playing that well, or at a reasonable tempo over the last few games we have still managed to win, Maine Road, excluding, by the odd goal and I would take that at full time this Saturday.

We really need a leader out there on Saturday, and the only natural leader we have fit and available is Aston, when he's not involved the lads are far too quiet. Though given the importance of the result at full time against Formby I should hope the players are motivated and determined enough to give it there all and not buckle under the pressure...

Back