• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Football in Bangor

James Wood

Too much time on my hands
Politics 5
Jun 1, 2017
Those 74 fans with long memories about the many clashes that Vics had with Bangor - in particular the 84 Trophy Final - may well be interested in this article.

So sad that two once great clubs and rivals have experienced such traumatic off the field events over the past 30+ years that has seen the duo sink to the levels they now find themselves at.??

But the good news is that, like us, there good people in the City trying to revitalise football through 1876 Bangor and bring back some pride to the place as well as rebuilding the broken links with the local community that were severed by the last two regimes.

Sounds a familiar story doesn’t it?

Those 74 fans with long memories about the many clashes that Vics had with Bangor - in particular the 84 Trophy Final - may well be interested in this article.

So sad that two once great clubs and rivals have experienced such traumatic off the field events over the past 30+ years that has seen the duo sink to the levels they now find themselves at.??

But the good news is that, like us, there good people in the City trying to revitalise football through 1876 Bangor and bring back some pride to the place as well as rebuilding the broken links with the local community that were severed by the last two regimes.

Sounds a familiar story doesn’t it?

I’ll even post the article this time round!

And previous owners linked to the Vaughan family

Last edited:
And previous owners linked to the Vaughan family

Yep Vaughan junior was the previous director when they were deducted 42 points and demoted in 2018.

Almost the same progression from Connett to Rushe with incompetence, fraud and money laundering thrown in for good measure!!

Yep Vaughan junior was the previous director when they were deducted 42 points and demoted in 2018.

Almost the same progression from Connett to Rushe with incompetence, fraud and money laundering thrown in for good measure!!

Vaughan attended a few Vics games at the VS when his son was playing for them. To this day I still wonder if there was a link between Rushe and him ??

Vaughan attended a few Vics games at the VS when his son was playing for them. To this day I still wonder if there was a link between Rushe and him ??

I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest James. Vaughan as has been well documented over the years was Curtis Warren's money man and I've no doubt that Rushe would have had some tips from him. Thankfully we made the right decision to walk away from his charade before the sh1t really hit the fan!!

Back