• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Finest moment to date?

High point during the 5 Years?

• First Game

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • First Win

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Mid Cheshire Cup Wins

Votes: 12 36.4%
  • 2017 FA Cup Run

Votes: 15 45.5%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Promotion to NWCFL Premier Division

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • GoBo’s Goal Fests and Style is play

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters

Andy

Too much time on my hands
Politics 5
Jul 28, 2013
As today is the 5th Birthday of our club - there been plenty of great moments. What’s been your high point?

Gone with the cup run. It's the competition every non league side wants to go on a good run in and up until this season, we hadn't managed that and had gone out by the preliminary round in all our other seasons, so to go and reach the 3rd qualifying beating higher opposition along the way, going out on penalties away to a higher team and be a game away from the first round proper, is impressive.

Gone with the cup run. It's the competition every non league side wants to go on a good run in and up until this season, we hadn't managed that and had gone out by the preliminary round in all our other seasons, so to go and reach the 3rd qualifying beating higher opposition along the way, going out on penalties away to a higher team and be a game away from the first round proper, is impressive.

Not just that. The cup run (and I’d go further and say the way Wayne and Paul have them playing football) - it’s brought a new life to the club in my opinion

Last edited:
I've gone with the Mid Cheshire Cup wins.

The FA Cup run has been great but for me the main point of being a football club is to try and win something.

Tough one that. I went for the cup wins, but I'd go as far as to say that the first Mid Cheshire final at Witton is up there as well, not so much for the result but that was when I felt we had properly arrived as a club and starting cementing as a fanbase.

The cup run this year was amazing though. Some fantastic performances and really gave us something to be proud of.

Can we run the poll at the end of the year when we win the Vase at Wembley? :woot

For me nothing comes close to the first cup final win vs w*tton, the fa cup run was great but more than likely will cost us in the league this season, if we win the vase then that would take over as number one lol

Isn't it great that on our 5th birthday, we're already discussing what's been our greatest moment as a club and that there's been plenty of them?

Was tempted to vote "first game" because that in itself was a momentous achievement, just to get to that point from a baseline of zero. But then that would suggest that it's been all downhill since then, which of course it hasn't. For me, MSC just edges it over FAC run - for similar reasons to those cited above: actual competitive silverware to put on an honours board, and WA being the opponents.

Been some great times already, and the fashion of football we are playing now along with the cup run are something the management and players should be very proud of.
But it has to be the Mid Cheshire cup win for me.
Not so much the last but the first one at Wi**on.
To go to their ground and take what was their first team apart in the fashion we did was something I will remember for a long long time.
The actual prize may be the smallest and easiest to win but the manner in which it was secured that night and the feeling of the whole match will be hard to beat.

First silverware for me.
Cup run a very close second

The FA Cup run for me as it just generated so much excitement and interest in the club. It also created a real feel-good factor and brought revenue into the club. To get so close to the 1st round was a remarkable achievement.

Don't get me wrong though, beating Witton so convincingly to win the Mid Cheshire Cup is a close second.

I'd love us to have an FA Vase run now. Getting to the final at Wembley would be something. For me, getting as far as we can in this competition should be our priority now, as well as looking to move up the league and defend our Mid Cheshire Cup winners' status. Things are so exciting though this season, Paul and Wayne have worked wonders. Keep up the good work! :scarf:

Reactions: ste
Can you change the 'other' choice to Wayne & Paul selection/style of play . They have totally reinvented the club in my opinion.

Done.

However my phone autocorrected “of” to “is” and now I can’t change it! Maybe the mods could help out :oops:

Done.

However my phone autocorrected “of” to “is” and now I can’t change it! Maybe the mods could help out :oops:

How can I vote for the Mid Cheshire Senior Cup win over W*tton, which was huge especially as it was at the swamp? but not the one over Vics as that was insignificant in my opinion.

Not just that. The cup run (and I’d go further and say the way Wayne and Paul have them playing football) - it’s brought a new life to the club in my opinion
Defintely agree with this.

I've gone with the Mid Cheshire Cup wins.

The FA Cup run has been great but for me the main point of being a football club is to try and win something.
We will get there mate, of that i am sure.

It was a difficult choice but i went with the cup run. More so because it showed how passionate we are about our club and players.
That is not to say i`ve not seen it before but Mossley away..... i was dancing with people i didn`t know when the goal went in (normally i charge for that.)
Away at Witton in the final was great - great vocal support - it`s making me think now, we`ve had some great moments :)

Back