• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Fenton Green

He has been good this year and lost his petulant attitude, but has not looked happy for some time. Shame he has gone.

This could be Bo and Goody getting close to the Mike Bassett "If" speech.

Just waiting for the "Matt Fenton has signed for Vics" post now.

The board must tackle this problem urgently we are a football club and need to understand that you have to move forward and stop being so nice.

Another one? Since the start of the season we've had two players leave and gained three...
I’m referring to key players who have left such as Liam, Kenzie and Joe in the summer and now Jack and Fenton since the start of the season. Happy to discuss more when we next catch up at a game :)

I’m referring to key players who have left such as Liam, Kenzie and Joe in the summer and now Jack and Fenton since the start of the season. Happy to discuss more when we next catch up at a game :)
Ah yes, of course. I understand Kenzie moving to higher division and Joe wanting a new challenge.

I was very disappointed with Liam leaving. Felt we'd at least have another year out of him.

Jack seemed to have lost his spark and hadn't been playing well.

Fenton is a big loss.

Key players are difficult to replace. I'd have hoped that we'd have been able to draft in at least 2 key replacements.

Reactions: Ben
Fenton on the bench for Leek tonight

Tbh it's not a big shock to me, he's a CM that has been playing at full back, on the wing and at no 10 this season because he couldn't get in our central midfield, he's a good solid player but he wasn't able to give us the best version of himself playing out of position so all the best to him at Leek

It just gets worse. These lads don’t want to be playing for a struggling team no matter how loyal they are. Something has to change as we are going backwards fast.
I think that money will have a large amount to do with this. The facilities at Leek are also great and he’s also a Crewe / Potteries based lad so not a great deal further for him to travel. And I suspect that Liam Buckley has had a role in persuading him to make the move.

So yes, I’m really sorry to see him go, but I can’t really blame him ☹️

Back